News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Lower Door Sills

Started by Rudderguy, August 06, 2018, 03:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudderguy

Is this normal...the way it would of been out of the factory?

Cheers

Rudder Guy

Simonic

Is that a silver car with a red interior ? :cheers:
Mopar owner in the UK..

green69rt

This is, pretty much,  how this area looks like from the factory.  They weren't very careful about bending metal to shape or making it pretty if it didn't show.  Other places that might show metal distortion is the firewall, the rising part of the trunk floor (where the spare tire bracket is),  the bottom of the front hinge pillar, around the sides of the cowl (where it's covered by the fender,) maybe more..  Not always but it's not uncommon.

Edit, after looking at your pictures again, that passenger side hinge pillar looks a little beat up  :shruggy:

Rudderguy

It is.  A4 with red interior.  Factory.

I see the bump in the pillar now.  Thx for that. Appreciate it.
Rudder Guy

Rudderguy

Green69rt...check your PM's
Rudder Guy

Simonic

Quote from: Rudderguy on August 06, 2018, 04:33:41 PM
It is.  A4 with red interior.  Factory.

Stunning color combination  :2thumbs:
Mopar owner in the UK..

nchrome

Green69rt That dimple is also the results of someone trying to adjusting the door without  loosing the door hinge bolts  Seen it a lot  when someone would bring their car in cause the door would not close rite

green69rt

Quote from: nchrome on August 06, 2018, 10:03:32 PM
Green69rt That dimple is also the results of someone trying to adjusting the door without  loosing the door hinge bolts  Seen it a lot  when someone would bring their car in cause the door would not close rite

I can believe that.  In my younger days I tried to force things to fit rather than do the work to make a correct repair.

Mitch