News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A pillars(upper around windshield)

Started by westcoastdodge, August 07, 2018, 05:06:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcoastdodge

hey guys hows it goin,what would be the best way of fixing my a pillars('68 charger),very heavily pitted where the vinyl roof once sat i guess and see that amd do not reproduce these(at the moment) :eek2: thanks in advance :2thumbs:
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

GMP440

That left side A pillar needs new metal.  See if someone here is parting out a 68-70 B-body two door.  Maybe they will cut out that section for you that way you can weld that on to your car.
Weld two small braces; one on each side of the rusty A pillar.  Leave about 2 inches of space on each side between the A pillar and bracing so that you have room to cut and then replace with a donor piece.
Also, looks like you're going to need to weld metal to that upper part of the cowl.  Right side looks pretty good.  Maybe sandblast that right side fill, prime and paint.

NHCharger

If that is the only spot that's rusted thru you could cut that area out and weld a new piece in. Unless that entire A pillar feels soft/punky.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel