News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally got on the dyno

Started by metcoll, August 08, 2018, 04:51:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metcoll

well it was pretty much what I expected 355 rwhp on a dynojet...440 2355 pistons, rpm heads flowed @282 at.600...rpm intake, 850 holley, msd 13/4 inch headers, lunati 240/250 @050 520/547 cam...going through a 727 4200 stall & 4.56 gears...pulls all the way to 6000 rpm..

PRH

Porter Racing Heads......Building and racing Mopars since 1980

c00nhunterjoe

Indeed. Way more fun with the papers.

PRH

The 1-3/4" headers cost you a little power, and on an inertia dyno the 4.56's can make the numbers a little lower, especially with as much stall as you have.

c00nhunterjoe

Time to take it to the track and see what mph it turns.

PRH

Assuming "normal" summer air, and not really high elevations........ with a race weight in the 3900lb range...... I'll say 112-113-ish.

Better air, lower weight, etc....... would show better results.

metcoll

Here is the dyno sheet

PRH

Did you make any runs to a higher rpm?
Doesn't look like it had nosed over yet.

Can you describe how the "pull" was performed....... like at what point/rpm was the throttle at wot?

Many shops use the "SAE" correction, which would show slightly lower numbers.

c00nhunterjoe

Indeed, shut down before 6k and numbers were still climbing. A loose converter and 56's at the track will give more info and be more fun. I think you will be more pleased with that resulting equation.

metcoll

maybe some of you can explain to me the results...I expected around that 360 rwhpnumber ,but my torque seems low by like 80-100 lbs & it seems impossible that the torque peaked @5600...I thought my torque  would be 400-430 & peak around 4300...could it be the high stall or gears skewing the numbers

c00nhunterjoe

Were these actual or corrected numbers 1st. Then yes, chassis dynos can be all over the place. If you want an accurate representation of power, go to a track and get your mph and weather conditions at the time of the run.

PRH

Start with this:

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/2527030/unexpected-dyno-results.html#Post2527030

Understand that the only way to accurately get an idea of the amount of power, along with the shape of the curve and where the peaks of the motor occur is to put it on an engine dyno.

The shape of the curve in particular will never be the same as what you get on the chassis dyno with a loose converter.

You cannot accurately correlate rwhp numbers to fwhp numbers.

A vague "best guesstimate" is about all you can hope for.