News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Backspacing for stock magnum 500 1968 wheels?

Started by Loa, August 08, 2018, 05:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loa

Title says it all.

The 68 Charger I bought had crappy aftermarket wheels and I'd like to buy the stock Magnum 500 wheels instead.

I got the info that they were 15X8, but I wasn't sure of the backspacing.

Thanks.

Birdflu

Hi...
More than likely if your '68 Charger came with Magnums, they would have been 14" instead of 15". Personally, I'd put 15" wheels on it as well. Are you wanting to 'stagger' the wheel width front to rear? Some guys run 15x7's in the front and 15x8's in the rear. Some run 15x8's all the way around. Some even run 15x8's in the front with 15x10's in the rear. While others looking for an OE look with redlines will just run 15x7's all the way around. If you decide to 'stagger' them, typically you'd run 15x7's up front with 4.250" backspacing and 15x8's in the rear with 4.500" of backspacing. With that combination of wheels, 245/60R15's up front with 275/60R15's out back seems to be the most popular combo running thru our shop. Hope this helps... :cheers:

Loa

Hello Birdflu,

I was planning on putting 15X8 all around, but I will probably go redline, especially since the car will be stock as well as black with the red stripe in the back.

So, I'll look for 4.5". Thanks for the info.

Now the hardest task: finding authentic chromed magnum 500s in Canada without breaking the bank!  :-)