News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moog lasts one year. Who makes good suspension parts?

Started by 375instroke, August 11, 2018, 04:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

375instroke

Rebuilt the front end last year, and the Moog idler arm is already loose at the K-frame end.  Greased with Mobil 1 synthetic, and it's not like I put a ton of miles on the car.  Good excuse to install the needle bearing from Firm Feel, but really?  One year?  Makes me think what I'm greasing on that end since it's a bushing.  Am I greasing a rubber bushing, or is it part sliding metal bushing isolated in rubber? 
The Moog tie rod ends they sent me looked more like a rasp file than threads.  Had to send them back for replacement.  I've heard of their ball joints lasting only a year.  Are there any good brands?

c00nhunterjoe

Not anymore. Carl ichan has bought up most of the industry. Still havnt figured out how they have allowed it. Its a pure monopoly and he has even said his plans are to put everyone else out of business so you have to come to him. Look him up. Owns the major manufactures, the distributors, hes in the process of nationwide repair chains and car rentals.  He plans to own the industry top to bottom, put everyone else out of business and force you to go to him for everything.

Check with trw. They are not owned by him yet.

Troy

I've been buying Pro Forged for my Toyotas after the (recommended forever) Moog parts proved useless off road. I also took a peek at some AC Delco professional parts that seemed well built. I have not checked to see what's available for our cars though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lennard

I bought a Pro Forged idler arm for my 68 from Summit racing.

lukedukem

Great, I just rebuilt the whole front end of my 2006 f-350 with moog parts.

I did my 69 charger three years ago with moog and it seems to be ok. I put about 3k a year on it.

Luke
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Mopar Nut

If you bought from O'Reilly's, they have a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

Back N Black

I replaced a moog ball joint, maybe 5000 miles on it.  :shruggy:

c00nhunterjoe

Fwiw, i replace failed dealer purchased parts just as quick.

Dino

I replaced everything with Proforged parts on recommendations of others here. I haven't driven the car yet though.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Moog used to be one of the best. I just reinstalled my sway bar with new Moog end links and the bushings felt like hard foam rather than rubber. I wasn't terribly impressed but I'll see how they go.

HeavyFuel

I bought new e-brake cables a few years back to replace the originals that were a little rusty. 

The rubber bushing on the new cable assy was cracked on arrival to me, just sitting on the shelf somewhere.   :eek2:

I ended up using the new cables, and the original, (at that time) 45 year old bushings that were in superior shape compared to the "new" ones.     

krops cars

I buy NAPA life time. Every job I do in my shop and personal cars. Never had an issue. There is no such thing as a good deal on front end parts. My neighbor bought his parts for his Chevy 1/2 ton off the internet. He said NAPA wanted $700.00 for all the parts. He got every thing for $250.00 off of the net. 6 months later the passenger side lower ball joint snapped clean off the next week the other side snapped off. What a savings.