News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 440 six pack

Started by mopar Robert, August 11, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar Robert

Found a 70 440 HP six pack motor for sale. It was completely rebuilt then was in a fire. Any concerns about it other than rebuilding it again or should I run and find another one?

nvrbdn

Was it a fire that just burned the wires up in the engine compartment and charred the paint on the hood, or was it a three alarm blaze that took every piece of the car and left a brown heap of metal sitting flat on the ground?
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dodge Don

Can you check the VIN sequence on the block so I can check to see if it belongs to a 70 Charger out there.

DodgeDon@1970ChargerRegistry.com

http://1970chargerregistry.com/

mopar Robert

It was in a explosion and car was totaled in fire. 70 RT six pack. One guy died in the fire. Motor is kind of crispy looking. Hard to read numbers on block. I can see HP 2 on it but that is about it. I'll see if I can read the vin

Alaskan_TA

The 2 just means that the engine was originally assembled on 2nd shift.

Birdflu

Quote from: mopar Robert on August 12, 2018, 10:55:20 AM
It was in a explosion and car was totaled in fire. 70 RT six pack. One guy died in the fire.

Sad... :'(

mopar Robert

Ya it is sad. I might be better off looking for another 70 440 HP block. That six pack one is pretty burned

BSB67

Quote from: mopar Robert on August 11, 2018, 11:45:58 PM
Found a 70 440 HP six pack motor for sale. It was completely rebuilt then was in a fire. Any concerns about it other than rebuilding it again or should I run and find another one?

What is the reason you want a 70 440 six pack motor?  Unless you are into the original, numbers stuff, it's just a 440 motor with a different intake.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

mopar Robert

My 70 charger RT has a 71 440 non HP motor in it now and I just thought I would look for a correct 70 HP motor for it even though it won't be numbers matching. Doesn't need to be a six pack but found this one