News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

diagnosing running rich

Started by nvrbdn, August 06, 2018, 04:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

I copied the degree length on the tag since it only goes out to 20 degrees in 5 degree increments. Made a tape that attached to the timing tab with the extra 5, 10 and 15 degree marks on it. It may not be a perfect science, but it sure worked well.  :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

bee1971

Eddy 600  :icon_smile_big:

Well at least you know you had carb issues , and I still think you had misadjusted floats or heavy floats or needle and seats sticking looking at those spark plugs and the issues you described

I hope whoever is rebuilding that Holley at least installs new floats also

Me personally , especially after you said the car hasn't run this well in a long time with the Eddy installed  

New Edelbrock AVS 2  650 for the street   :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

The guy that will be rebuilding the carb has been in business in the St. Louis area for 25 years, Then retired the business and moved it into his garage. And the plus is that he is a Mopar guy. He will do me right.  On the other hand, Yes, this was a carburetor issue from the start. And I am actually getting good at pulling plugs on a big block with headers. LOL
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House