News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is the steering column bearing supposed to just slip on

Started by green69rt, August 12, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

Starting to put my column back together and the steering shaft just slides right thru the lower bearing race.  Is it supposed to be that easy?   Here's a pic of the bearing that I'm taking about.

gtx6970

Quote from: green69rt on August 12, 2018, 03:30:56 PM
Starting to put my column back together and the steering shaft just slides right thru the lower bearing race.  Is it supposed to be that easy?   Here's a pic of the bearing that I'm taking about.

yes

green69rt

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 13, 2018, 11:12:57 PM
Quote from: green69rt on August 12, 2018, 03:30:56 PM

yes

Thanks, Bill.

When things go together easily, on this car, I get worried.  Most things seem to be difficult.   :lol: 

gtx6970

Just as an fyi,
the inner shift tube is left natural and the lower shift lever is/was yellow zinc di-chromate originally