News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is this!

Started by tucknroll, August 14, 2018, 04:58:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tucknroll

On a 69 charger, at the bulk head connectors on the firewall,  what is the very bottom row far left for? My wire broke and can't figure out what it went to. Thanks

nvrbdn

That wire is for a 4 speed trans only. Back up switch for a manual transmission.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tucknroll

Thanks. So do I need it? 383 auto

BLK 68 R/T

What color wire is it? And are talking left as you are sitting in the car or staring at the firewall? I think the other side is a/c compressor?

nvrbdn

Right you are. The wire on the left side if you are standing in front of the car would be a black wire. But if the wire is on the bottom right if you are standing in front of the car would be dark blue and go to air cond compressor. :yesnod:  I was assuming that he was standing in front of the car looking at the bulk head connector. I should have verified that first.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tucknroll

I'm staring at the firewall. Bottom left. Makes sense if it goes to a.c.. it's an a.c. car but it doesn't work

BLK 68 R/T

Left and right are always as if you are sitting in the drivers seat.  :2thumbs:

nvrbdn

If this is your bulkhead connector against the fire wall, "Z" is the wire for a 4 speed car only. And would be a black wire. "A" is for the air cond. compressor. And would be a dark blue wire.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

BLK 68 R/T

Sorry was looking at the bulkhead wrong W goes to the brake pressure switch on the distribution block.

tucknroll

That pic helps but looks sideways from my bulkhead.  Which end is up?

70 sublime

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

tucknroll

Thanks. So my broken wire is W.  Very important lol?

BLK 68 R/T

Yes, W. It will alert you to low pressure even if your car appears to stop fine. I consider it important.

tucknroll