News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modern size "Vector" style wheels

Started by Dreamcar, August 15, 2018, 03:41:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dreamcar

I wasn't aware that U.S.Mags was now making these knockoffs in bigger/modern sizes (AR only makes the originals in 15s).

Has anyone ever seen the US Mags version in person in the larger sizes?

http://us-mags.com/general-u545-w-10073.htm
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

BLK 68 R/T

JB400

Pretty cool.  Buick guys probably love them as well.

Lennard

Interesting, they are doing soft lip and traditional lip rims. I never liked the smooth face of the new vectors. I would gladly trade my new wheels for an old set.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Lennard on August 15, 2018, 06:01:08 PM
Did you see what they cost? :eek2:

I just checked...one site has them for $960 USD each!!! Ridiculous!
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

Kern Dog

Up to 32 inch diameters.
Okay, I like a larger diameter wheel but thirty two inches ??  Really ?? ::)

Lennard

Quote from: Dreamcar on August 15, 2018, 07:51:22 PM
Quote from: Lennard on August 15, 2018, 06:01:08 PM
Did you see what they cost? :eek2:

I just checked...one site has them for $960 USD each!!! Ridiculous!
I saw them for $725 a piece and thought that was nuts. :down:

Mike DC

Vision Wheel makes a 9-spoke one that's ballpark similar to a Vector.  Those aren't high priced.  

-----------------

The best job I've seen at doing big Vectors is this V10 custom Charger.  Get rid of those 3 spoke knock-off caps in the middle and they look really good. 

Of course they probably spent enough money on those 4 wheels to buy a crate Hemi.  It would be way too easy if somebody was making those things at normal prices.

Dreamcar

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 16, 2018, 01:15:15 PM

Vision Wheel makes a 9-spoke one that's ballpark similar to a Vector.  Those aren't high priced.  

I like those on the truck. Very similar.