News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird with clock/tach delete?

Started by Luis9995, August 15, 2018, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis9995

My superbird has a clock/tach delete in the gauges. Just has that plain gauge. Was wondering if this is rare or if maybe it was just installed afterwards during the cars restoration? I personally like the tic toc tach option better but if they did come like this and it's rare then I'll just leave it as is.

Mopar John

Your Superbird has what I call a no option rally dash.
The more common option with little added cost was the clock.
Then the more costly option was the clock tach combination.
Many cars that were born like yours have had clocks and or tachs added over the years.
MJ

Luis9995

Quote from: Mopar John on August 15, 2018, 01:52:10 PM
Many cars that were born like yours have had clocks and or tachs added over the years.
MJ

Would you say it's rare for it to bbe not come with one from the factory? I have no clue if this is even original to the car as it was restored in the early 80's. Would it hurt or increase or keep the value the same if I added a clock with tach instead?

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Luis9995 on August 15, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Would you say it's rare for it to bbe not come with one from the factory? I have no clue if this is even original to the car as it was restored in the early 80's. Would it hurt or increase or keep the value the same if I added a clock with tach instead?
Do you have a build sheet for your car? If you do have one, you may want to leave it as is...honestly, I don't know if adding a tach would affect the resale value very much. But if you don't have one, then I'd say go for it. Then when you sell it, there's no way to prove if it came with a tach or not.  :Twocents:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Luis9995

Quote from: Charger_Fan on August 15, 2018, 02:30:34 PM
Quote from: Luis9995 on August 15, 2018, 01:59:32 PM

Do you have a build sheet for your car? If you do have one, you may want to leave it as is...honestly, I don't know if adding a tach would affect the resale value very much. But if you don't have one, then I'd say go for it. Then when you sell it, there's no way to prove if it came with a tach or not.  :Twocents:

I do have the buildsheet. Which part of the build sheet says if it had it or not? If it is J 21 on the buildsheet then mine doesn't have anything on it.

Wingnut426

Is there a hole drilled in the firewall next to the brake booster for the tach wire?  If no hole then its not an original tach car.  :Twocents: WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Aero426

It is fairly common for a Superbird to not have a clock/tach combo.

Dragon Slayer

Quote from: Mopar John on August 15, 2018, 01:52:10 PM
MJ

For 70 Plymouth RR/SB I did not think separate clock was an option.  It was either tach and clock or neither.  Is that not correct?

FJ5WING

Ive got he blank next to the speedo too. I picked up an NOS tic-toc-tach back in the eighties but luckily never installed it because I found out how to read the build sheet and found out mine was nekkid so to speak. sold off the part for many times what I paid for it.  ;) It was a cool part on the shelf though. :shruggy:
wingless now, but still around.

5hunert

It kinda depends on what you're plans are for the car.  If you just want to flip it, or keep it dead stock, you can leave it as is.  If you plan on driving it, the Tic-toc-Tach is a fun add-on that you can pick up a re-pop for a decent price.  You can run the trigger wire to the coil through an unused hole in your bulkhead connector, then pull everything out without a trace should you want to sell it or enter it for OE Gold at Carlisle.

6bblgt

per the "Option & Accessory Report" covering 93%+ of the '70 Road Runner hardtops (Superbirds included)

the "cross-hair gun-sight" DELETE plate is by far the most common in a '70 Road Runner hardtop & a stand alone clock was available

I would think "1 out of every 5" Superbirds had the OPTIONAL N85 - tachometer w/clock sounds about right  :shruggy:

Luis9995

Quote from: 5hunert on August 21, 2018, 08:15:17 PM
It kinda depends on what you're plans are for the car.  If you just want to flip it, or keep it dead stock, you can leave it as is.  If you plan on driving it, the Tic-toc-Tach is a fun add-on that you can pick up a re-pop for a decent price.  You can run the trigger wire to the coil through an unused hole in your bulkhead connector, then pull everything out without a trace should you want to sell it or enter it for OE Gold at Carlisle.

Probably never going to sell unless I HAVE to for some reason. But I plan on keeping it. Thanks for the advice. I'll keep it on watch on eBay and buy a tach if it comes up for a decent price. But  I'll drive as is for now.