News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood block off plates ??

Started by Highbanked Hauler, August 17, 2018, 05:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

Hey, been looking but haven't found the block off plates and brackets that go in a 68-69 hood if you don't have turn signal lights.  I know that you could make them out of band iron but I don't want to do R&D for them...  Thanks..
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

VegasCharger

I have a set from my '68. Very hard to find because the folks that had them switched to the turn signal style to fill the hole in the hood may have tossed the blank plates back in the day. One of mine has a broken stud in which I saved the broken stud along with the nut still threaded onto to the broken stud. The other stud is intact and has the nut as well.

Like others I also switched to the hood style t/s. At this point I'm not sure if I want to get rid of my blank plates but if the price is right, it might push me. I can be a last resort if nothing else comes thru for you.

Good luck.  :cheers:

v21hemicharger

Back in the early 2000's there were a pair of nos ones on ebay.  I was going to be out of town when it ended and it was around $30 so I put a bid of $426 figuring I'd get them around $75.  Nope some guy paid $431 for them.

tan top

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on August 17, 2018, 05:01:48 PM
Hey, been looking but haven't found the block off plates and brackets that go in a 68-69 hood if you don't have turn signal lights.  I know that you could make them out of band iron but I don't want to do R&D for them...  Thanks..

sent you a PM   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69 OUR/TEA

Wow, better find the ones I took out of a 69 I had and switched to turn signals !!!!!!

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 18, 2018, 10:10:54 AM
Wow, better find the ones I took out of a 69 I had and switched to turn signals !!!!!!

I think they would be a great thing to repop. very simple part
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

69 OUR/TEA

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 18, 2018, 10:39:35 AM
Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on August 18, 2018, 10:10:54 AM

I think they would be a great thing to repop. very simple part

True , but how many people would actually want them ? Everyone seems to go for hood mounted turn signals .

Charger-Bodie

I think most people are under the impression that they all have the lights. It's hard to say . I k ow I've looked high and the the times I've needed the block offs
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

Highbanked Hauler

I do have one in ok shape but nothing I would sell a car with so it looks like I watch for a while. :o
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

1st_charger

I use to make and sell them. Sold about a dozen or so sets of them. Then didn't get any more orders so I stopped. That was about 10 or 12 years ago.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1st_charger on August 18, 2018, 08:41:05 PM
I use to make and sell them. Sold about a dozen or so sets of them. Then didn't get any more orders so I stopped. That was about 10 or 12 years ago.

How much per set?

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Charger-Bodie on August 18, 2018, 09:18:29 PM
Quote from: 1st_charger on August 18, 2018, 08:41:05 PM

How much per set?

Can you still make them and what would they cost ??
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

JB400

Another interested party :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:

I made sure to pop enough corn in case anyone else wants some for this thread :cheers:

Bronzedodge

I found a set at Carlisle a few years ago.  I can't remember the price, but I remember thinking, "who would want these when they make a complete light package"?
Mopar forever!

Chad L. Magee

I have a set on my 1970 Charger base model /6.  They were on the car when I bought it...
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

1st_charger

I know I have some stuff left over and still have the tool for the backing bracket. I'll look tomorrow and let ya know!

1st_charger

I have enough stuff left over to make 3 sets right now! As far as a price I dont know $30! Probably best to pm me. And it would be a couple weeks before I could get to making  them.

grdprx

Quote from: 1st_charger on August 20, 2018, 07:15:34 PM
I have enough stuff left over to make 3 sets right now! As far as a price I dont know $30! Probably best to pm me. And it would be a couple weeks before I could get to making  them.

I'd be interested too!