News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Took the race car for a cruise this morning

Started by c00nhunterjoe, August 19, 2018, 01:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c00nhunterjoe

With a recent string of chaos, decided to take the race car out for a sunday morning cruise before the rain sets in today. Not too hot this morning, only 85, but nice a humid. The cross ram didnt care. Crisp and clear as always. Keeps up with traffic through the curves even with skinnies on the front and 32x13.5 slicks out back. Ran cool, 140-160 depending on speeds. Not bad for a filled block, electric water pump, and super stock style radiator. Dont get your hopes up, didnt get crazy with it since i was driving one handed amd shifting the push button. Just out having some fun driving and making noise.

https://youtu.be/_h29RofGHVY

alfaitalia

I take it that's not legal (the slicks etc on the street!) even if the U.S.! Looked fun.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

c00nhunterjoe

Streetrod tags. Does not have to pass inspection. Technically its as delivered from the factory tires. Its a factory built race car.

John_Kunkel

Thing I always hated about smaller steering wheels on the '62-'63 B body, obscures the instruments.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Q5XX29

Sounds great! Do you have a thread on here somewhere with more details on your car?
dakota_gt on Instagram

alfaitalia

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 04:22:20 PM
Streetrod tags. Does not have to pass inspection. Technically its as delivered from the factory tires. Its a factory built race car.

Interesting...you would lose your license for driving a car without tread on the tyres over here!

Kern Dog

You should overthrow your Government or leave and start a new nation like we did. :rofl:

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 19, 2018, 04:26:52 PM
Thing I always hated about smaller steering wheels on the '62-'63 B body, obscures the instruments.

With the factory wheel, its nearly impossible to shift into 2nd with the wheels in the air. Still difficult with the smaller wheel, but better.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Q5XX29 on August 19, 2018, 04:45:17 PM
Sounds great! Do you have a thread on here somewhere with more details on your car?
I do not on this one because its not a charger. Its a 63 dodge 330 max wedge lightweight.

Birdflu

Quote from: Kern Dog on August 19, 2018, 06:08:22 PM
You should overthrow your Government or leave and start a new nation like we did. :rofl:

:punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka:

alfaitalia

Lol....maybe....but I kinda like it as it is! To be honest with our fast changing weather you might soon end up dead if you got caught in the rain with slicks. I take it since slicks are legal on the road that driving on horribly bald treaded tyres must be legal too! 1.6 mm minimum here.

We are a nanny country too, quite frustating really.

I'll take the US automotive way of doing things any day !!! California was quite tough compared to other states but here it's a whole different ballgame.

c00nhunterjoe

Slicks are not legal on the road, but they dont mess with the old cars unless you are being an idiot for the most part. However, they do make an approved street slick. Its basicly the same tire but with a few razor blade grooves cut in them. I would not take this car out in any kind of bad weather. Its not out on the street very often. Its a rare car that if damaged would be very difficult to repair. It has all its origonal panels with no putty.

hemi68charger

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 20, 2018, 06:20:55 AM
:2thumbs:

Love the dash.......

I cant see it when strapped in and wearing a helmet... thus the lights on top...

nvrbdn

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 08:47:17 PM
I do not on this one because its not a charger. Its a 63 dodge 330 max wedge lightweight.

I also would love to see more. Mabey a nice little walk around video. or some pics in "Car Guys Discussion". I Like the gauges mounted that way also.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

c00nhunterjoe

I will get it back out and get some more pictures of it.

tan top

thanks for the cruse  :cheers: :2thumbs:

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 20, 2018, 02:17:41 PM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 08:47:17 PM

I also would love to see more. Mabey a nice little walk around video. or some pics in "Car Guys Discussion". I Like the gauges mounted that way also.

yep  :iagree:   :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

ACUDANUT

LOL  :cheers:

J.Bond

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 08:46:13 PM

With the factory wheel, its nearly impossible to shift into 2nd with the wheels in the air. Still difficult with the smaller wheel, but better.

Years ago I read an article about a push button drag car like yours, and the owner complained about the same problem. He solved the problem by installing a cheap hardware store, screen door handle alongside of the push button control. He now holds on to the handle with four fingers and shifts gears with his thumb. States he never misses a shift anymore.

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: J.Bond on August 21, 2018, 07:52:17 AM
Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on August 19, 2018, 08:46:13 PM

Years ago I read an article about a push button drag car like yours, and the owner complained about the same problem. He solved the problem by installing a cheap hardware store, screen door handle alongside of the push button control. He now holds on to the handle with four fingers and shifts gears with his thumb. States he never misses a shift anymore.

I dont see how that fixed anything. Its a matter of reaching literally around the back of the steering wheel. Or reach through the wheel itself, which is not a good idea.

J.Bond

The handle was only used for quarter mile shots, the person that had the set up, said under hard acceleration it was sometimes difficult to hit the right button. The car in the article was a vertical shift pattern up the side of the gauge set, not horizontal, as yours is. By the way, thanks for the ride in your car :cheers:

c00nhunterjoe

There is no fix for the difficulty shifting this one. What everyone else did was ditch the pushbutton and go to a floor shift 727. I like the pushbutton. You dont see them at the track. I will get more and better pictures.

Paul G

Nice drive. Although, I would like to have seen the tach a little closer to redline once or twice.  :drive: When there are no :patrol:
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

c00nhunterjoe

Quote from: Paul G on August 24, 2018, 12:16:15 AM
Nice drive. Although, I would like to have seen the tach a little closer to redline once or twice.  :drive: When there are no :patrol:

Need a passenger to film. When i get back from vacation, i will work on better videos. Lol.