News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does anyone know what this clip is?

Started by pullrock, August 19, 2018, 03:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullrock

Hi All,

I blow my engine bay apart to repaint it and clean up some wiring under the hood.  I felt like I did a good job bagging and tagging everything.  I have one clip that I missed to bagged.  Anyone know what it is and where it goes?

Thanks,

Eric

John_Kunkel

That clip is for the 4-speed wiring that goes to the BU light switch; usually mounted on the top rear side cover bolt and the rear bolt right below it.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

pullrock

My car is automatic and your diagram show that wire going on the passenger side.  That wire goes to the starter relay on the drivers side firewall.  Am i missing something? 

Eric

gtx6970

Looks more like the clip that goes on the back of the alternator.  The one for the 4 spd backup lamp wiring has a much larger hole in it

Assuming this is for a B body

"AX41" - Wire Retaining Clip for the Alternator - $7 Each

Wire retaining clip for the washer pump and horn wires or positive alternator lead on the rear of the alternator.   Zinc plated correct gauge steel and thermo-plastic coated for proper appearance.  Comes complete with retaining screw.

Kern Dog

THose diagrams are not from a right side perspective, they are left/drivers side.

Dodge Don

Agree. Alternator wiring clip.

Quote from: gtx6970 on August 19, 2018, 06:09:42 PM
Looks more like the clip that goes on the back of the alternator.  The one for the 4 spd backup lamp wiring has a much larger hole in it

Assuming this is for a B body

"AX41" - Wire Retaining Clip for the Alternator - $7 Each

Wire retaining clip for the washer pump and horn wires or positive alternator lead on the rear of the alternator.   Zinc plated correct gauge steel and thermo-plastic coated for proper appearance.  Comes complete with retaining screw.

pullrock

Thanks for all your replies.  Yes, that one on the alternator sees to be bigger and my car has a one wire alternator.  It for sure didn't come off that, we removed it from around the drivers side down by the master cylinder brake lines.  I will keep looking and hopes to find it location. 

Thanks again,

Eric

gtx6970

Quote from: pullrock on August 20, 2018, 01:30:32 PM
Thanks for all your replies.  Yes, that one on the alternator sees to be bigger and my car has a one wire alternator.  It for sure didn't come off that, we removed it from around the drivers side down by the master cylinder brake lines.  I will keep looking and hopes to find it location. 

Thanks again,

Eric

That type clip is not used on a B body.
it IS used on A bodies though