News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moparfest 2018 - some members' cars

Started by Dave Kanofsky, August 20, 2018, 01:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Kanofsky

This past weekend was my first time ever at Moparfest in New Hamburg, ON.  What a great show!
Got to hang out with some DC.com Aero Board members, including 70EK2Bird with their Custom Bird, and kwmopar with the Nova Scotia Daytona and his white SuperBird, along with my friend Scott's red on red 4 gear Daytona...

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

charger_fan_4ever

Is that the old Chandler/Spade Hemi daytona  :o

Dave Kanofsky

No, it came from Nova Scotia in 2008 and needed a full restoration.  It's an original 440 car.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Stevetona

Was a great show with a large turnout. The weather miraculously held out too.

kw mopar

Great pics Dave and good seeing you again. Hope you come up to Mopafest again and bring other Mopars along. I missed you when you shot both cars together, good work. :cheers:

4cruzin

Looks like a great show!  I have plans to attend next year!  So I'm told anyways . .   :scratchchin:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Highbanked Hauler

Is that Bronze Daytona the same one that Tim Welborne  had ??
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

ODZKing

My 2 favorite weekends during the summer, Carlisle and Moparfest ... gone.
We had a great weekend as well. We brought the 82 LeBaron this year and wouldn't you know there were 5 others there this year.
Didn't take too many pics BUT did manage to see this and took a couple pics. Fellow did a great job on the tail lights, you can barely tell where he spliced.
And yes, those are 66-67 Charger reverse lights in the valance.

dave14

I was there too it was odd to see so many daytonas vs. Birds  but good to see... i especially liked the engine blow contest 18 seconds to kill a toyota camry

Stevetona

Would have been nice if all the Daytonas and Superbirds were parked together. I counted 3 of each but I could have missed one. We're tons of cars there.  :drool5:

Beep Beep Dave

I was glad some of you American guys made the show for the first time. You really added to the show. Any time you get to see three Daytona Chargers that is a great day. All three owners were great to talk to. Here are some pics of the other Aero Cars at the show.

1969 Charger 500 SE

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

70EK2Bird

We had a great time.  Brought the bird over and only lost the pinion seal at some point.  Something to fix now that it is back in the garage. 

New Hamburg is a great little town and all the people were great.  On our list to go back again.

Meet Denis who drove his hemi orange bird 8 and 1/2 hours to the show.  Car had been rolled over by him years ago and rebuilt.  He will be driving it to Alabama next year. 

alfaitalia

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on August 20, 2018, 01:18:02 PM
This past weekend was my first time ever at Moparfest in New Hamburg, ON.  What a great show!
Got to hang out with some DC.com Aero Board members, including 70EK2Bird with their Custom Bird, and kwmopar with the Nova Scotia Daytona and his white SuperBird, along with my friend Scott's red on red 4 gear Daytona...

Loving the red in red Daytona......beautiful.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Stevetona

There was a Superbird near the entrance with a for sale sign on it too. Had a 6 bbl setup but think it was a U code car. The taillight panel was painted all black(?). I have a photo on my phone, just need to figure out how to make it smaller so I can post it.

dave14

That bird with the black tail panel black painted side scoops and incorrect paint around headlight buckets is a friend of mine  he had a for sale sign last yr. too.... Im in no position to buy the real thing so I dont  really ask price but heard from another
guy he was asking 200k last yr.  that isnt realistic for that car but if real offers came in hed probably take it

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: dave14 on August 26, 2018, 12:02:14 PM
That bird with the black tail panel black painted side scoops and incorrect paint around headlight buckets is a friend of mine  he had a for sale sign last yr. too.... Im in no position to buy the real thing so I dont  really ask price but heard from another
guy he was asking 200k last yr.  that isnt realistic for that car but if real offers came in hed probably take it

He told us $200k would take it home, and we hadn't even asked!
Agreed that isn't realistic for as much was "personalized" on that car, but can't blame him for trying.

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: Stevetona on August 25, 2018, 05:56:55 PM
There was a Superbird near the entrance with a for sale sign on it too. Had a 6 bbl setup but think it was a U code car. The taillight panel was painted all black(?). I have a photo on my phone, just need to figure out how to make it smaller so I can post it.

Y1 yellow ?

dave14

Its supposed to be a 4bll car 6 pack came with it in peices when he bought it ... its vitamin c right now been that way forever  that i know of at least early 90s ....no knowledge of it ever being lemon twist ?but ive never disected vin either ... but to keep value i doubt hed have wrong colour  on it  incorrect touches are to break up colour a bit too much orange  he said and tail panel is like  gtx s would be that he had  yrs. earlier.

A tough crowd here , Ill never pass off my 318 satellite as any kind of real bird   when its in 1 peice might even cheat on back window not enough people know or care at a show just want a car to enjoy and get into the hobby

charger_fan_4ever

Quote from: dave14 on August 27, 2018, 11:17:47 AM
Its supposed to be a 4bll car 6 pack came with it in peices when he bought it ... its vitamin c right now been that way forever  that i know of at least early 90s ....no knowledge of it ever being lemon twist ?but ive never disected vin either ... but to keep value i doubt hed have wrong colour  on it  incorrect touches are to break up colour a bit too much orange  he said and tail panel is like  gtx s would be that he had  yrs. earlier.

A tough crowd here , Ill never pass off my 318 satellite as any kind of real bird   when its in 1 peice might even cheat on back window not enough people know or care at a show just want a car to enjoy and get into the hobby

Ah yes Vit C. Same fellow that has the Y1 70 6 pack road runner right ? he was originally from quebec ? If its same car im thinking of.

Stevetona

Here it is. Finally resized the photo.

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: Stevetona on August 27, 2018, 02:50:23 PM
Here it is. Finally resized the photo.

The car is a U-Code 440 4bbl bench seat column automatic in EV2 - Tor Red.

Same guy does have a FY1 1970 RR. At least he did 3 or 4 years ago.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

dave14

Yeah he still has lemon twist 70 runner also.... v code 4 spd buckets etc. he doesnt take it out much runner came from quebec hes from welland ....the bird is the usual car at shows etc. but still has other mopars  that dont get out much either

charger_fan_4ever

He had the runner on kijiji few years ago.I think around 100k. Friend of the family owned the runner back in the 80s.

Beep Beep Dave

Here is his RR, he loves the non correct tail light blackout. His car his choices. Pretty neat and originally a Canadian car to boot.

Dave 

1970 Charger R/T