News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just bought a 65 Belvedere II

Started by nvrbdn, August 20, 2018, 08:08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nvrbdn

Got a phone call from the local Napa guy over the weekend because he knew I had a Charger and he was given a 727 transmission from a 68 Charger that was a running, driving car when taken out and offered it to me for 50.00. As I was picking it up he mentioned his brother had a car he wanted to get rid of. I said I may be interested. Well tonight I got another call, and this time it was for the car. It is a 65 Belvedere II that the body isn't terrible on and had all the interior, new floor pans (to be installed), new radiator, new rear end, 2 transmissions and a rebuilt 440 that has been built with an Isky cam etc.... The only problem is that it was rebuilt 10 years ago. It was run for about 300 miles. Then the car was tore down and basically abandon.  I don't have pics yet, but will Saturday when I take my trailer down to pic it up. I am super excited about this build. The icing on the cake is that it only cost me 1500.00 for the lot. I will load pictures and all the forinstances when I pick it up Saturday.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

c00nhunterjoe

Those make great drag cars... stole it for that price.

johnnycharger

JB400

Sounds like a good deal. Pix will tell the tale. :popcrn:

moparstuart

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 20, 2018, 08:08:18 PM
Got a phone call from the local Napa guy over the weekend because he knew I had a Charger and he was given a 727 transmission from a 68 Charger that was a running, driving car when taken out and offered it to me for 50.00. As I was picking it up he mentioned his brother had a car he wanted to get rid of. I said I may be interested. Well tonight I got another call, and this time it was for the car. It is a 65 Belvedere II that the body isn't terrible on and had all the interior, new floor pans (to be installed), new radiator, new rear end, 2 transmissions and a rebuilt 440 that has been built with an Isky cam etc.... The only problem is that it was rebuilt 10 years ago. It was run for about 300 miles. Then the car was tore down and basically abandon.  I don't have pics yet, but will Saturday when I take my trailer down to pic it up. I am super excited about this build. The icing on the cake is that it only cost me 1500.00 for the lot. I will load pictures and all the forinstances when I pick it up Saturday.
Amazing deal man , i Love 65's   
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

nvrbdn

Kicking the 69 Cougar out of the garage and making room for this car. I will be picking it up Saturday morning, so I want the garage ready for the tear down. Then deciding how this build will go. That will be fun. The 65's have been one of my favorite looks also. I really like this roof line in this pic which is the same as the 65 coronet 500. I think this will be a very cool car to build. The one I am getting is a light blue. Would like this dark blue color better.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

Well, the guy calls today and says his brother has lost the front fenders from the car. Said he thought they were inside, but can't find them. Wonder how hard it would be to find decent shape front fenders for this car.  :shruggy: May throw a big wrench in the plans.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

moparstuart

they are out there you can find some  .  I wouldnt let that stop you , just have him knock off some money . Its a smoking deal for sure if all is what you said 

nvrbdn

Well guys, I have been trying to work on the Belvedere deal while looking to see if I could locate parts. But it hasn't happened yet. So while I was trying to work that deal I fell on to this one. My kid has been tearing his self apart ever since he traded his 72 Cuda to a body shop to have them work on a truck he had. Well I found this Challenger near Kansas City. (Go Chiefs) And am driving there tomorrow morning to pick it up. Going to be a long day, but it will be fun.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

JB400

moparstuart

dammit man should have told me you were coming over   

nvrbdn

I know Stu. I should have yelled at you. It ended up being such a quick trip, but when my eyes set on Arrowhead, I wished it was a Thursday instead.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

maxwellwedge

Quote from: nvrbdn on August 21, 2018, 04:10:04 PM
Kicking the 69 Cougar out of the garage
She sounds a little young to be a cougar  :lol:

nvrbdn

Ha Ha, Yep, but the Cougar is safe again. The kid is moving to a house in 15 days that has a 3 car garage. So the Chally will have a lot of space to spread out. We will be able to inventory all the parts and trim so we can see what is there and what is missing. It seems I will have 2 sets of the Mopar road wheels to be getting rid of soon. There is a Mopar swap meet here in 15 days. Might have to look that direction. The front end is very solid but needs a pass side fender. Will probably do both door skins. Rear quarters, trunk pan, frames and fender wells. We have a 400 that we are going to build since he wants to get away from the numbers 318 and go with the big block. Since my son is building an S10 racing truck for his boss, the guy is paying for the Chally to be sand blasted at the same time as his truck is getting blasted. So in a couple months the Chally should get started in its transformation.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House