News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vinyl top question

Started by RECHRGD, August 21, 2018, 05:27:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

Today I noticed a couple of places where the top has lost its adhesion to the roof.  Not more than a few inches long and pretty much in the middle of the top.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as it's been on there for twenty years.  The top still looks great otherwise.  Can I just use a syringe and shoot some glue under it and roll it out?
13.53 @ 105.32

GMP440

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 21, 2018, 05:27:37 PM
Today I noticed a couple of places where the top has lost its adhesion to the roof.  Not more than a few inches long and pretty much in the middle of the top.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as it's been on there for twenty years.  The top still looks great otherwise.  Can I just use a syringe and shoot some glue under it and roll it out?

I don't know if you fixed the parts that lost adhesion; but,  I just did this on my vinyl top recently. 
   I used a hair dryer on the heat setting , waving in a circular motion and increasing the distance  of the dryer from the top.  You want to be at least 5 inches from the surface.
   This reactivates the vinyl top glue.  Once you see the area rise a little bit, take away the heat and start pressing down the area.     Once everything cools down the vinyl should stay down.