News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Roller rockers????

Started by raymond73, February 21, 2019, 11:28:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond73

Hi i have crane gold rockers 1.5 ratio on edelbrock rpm heads and i Will change out to trick flow 240 heads. Can i use the crane gold or should i go for some new? And what brand?

justcruisin

If they are a good fit on the eddys they should be the same on the TF's. The recommended rocker for the TF and eddy RPM head is a HS - S70015KE/S70016KE, these are .040" shorter than the standard HS arm and meant to fit better. Bolt em up and check it out first.

raymond73

Ok  :2thumbs: i have seen that hs rockers but they Are 1arm and 1/2 leg :'( 
But thanks for info!!!

c00nhunterjoe

There are good reasons in the pr8ce differences in rockers. But you can bolt yours on and check the geometry to verify one way or the other.

raymond73

Hi.  I know qualety cost but allmost 1000$ for hs rockers and from 500 to 750 for comp and huges is The hs wort The extra???

c00nhunterjoe

Saving 500 bucks ona 20k motor and having it break.... vs spending 500 bucks on a 20k motor and doing it right. Pinch pennies or dont. If its desig ed for the application, or its not designed for the application and you want it to be "close enough"

raymond73

Hi . I have total missunderstod this :shruggy: i dident know The hs ke rocker Was made for this trick flow head :brickwall:  i Was just hung up by The words from huges... I order The heads from huges and they says they have The best rockers for mopar beside td and jesel..... But i understand this now!!!! So The hs ke rocker is in The vart from summit!! Thanks for all info and to hunterjo that knock this into my head :2thumbs:

firefighter3931

The Crane Golds work fine with the TF240's. That being said ; they (Golds) are not recommended with big spring pressures. If you are running a solid roller cam that requires over 400lbs then you should strongly consider the Harland Sharps.

If running a hyd roller or hyd/solid flat tappet your "open" spring pressures will be less than 400lbs and the Golds are up to the task.  :yesnod:

The right answer is : "it depends" on the cam selection....

Ron

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

BSB67

Personally, I would mock up the Crane Golds, to see how they fit on the TF heads before I'd order new ones.

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

raymond73

Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 24, 2019, 05:43:14 PM
The Crane Golds work fine with the TF240's. That being said ; they (Golds) are not recommended with big spring pressures. If you are running a solid roller cam that requires over 400lbs then you should strongly consider the Harland Sharps.

If running a hyd roller or hyd/solid flat tappet your "open" spring pressures will be less than 400lbs and the Golds are up to the task.  :yesnod:

Ron

Hi and thanks. I have a small hyd roller  230/236 at 0.50 and IT have 346 open/quote]

raymond73

Quote from: BSB67 on February 24, 2019, 06:03:17 PM
Personally, I would mock up the Crane Golds, to see how they fit on the TF heads before I'd order new ones.
Thanks 🙂 i Will do...

firefighter3931

Quote from: raymond73 on February 24, 2019, 07:08:48 PM
Quote from: firefighter3931 on February 24, 2019, 05:43:14 PM

Ron

Hi and thanks. I have a small hyd roller  230/236 at 0.50 and IT have 346 open

Hey Ray, with that hyd roller profile and the required spring pressures you will be fine using the Crane Golds. I have a set of Golds sitting on the shelf and will be using them on a future street stroker build with a hyd roller cam similar to yours and a set of TF240's or E-Street heads.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

raymond73

Thanks 🙂 i Was Reading about rocker arms on Andy f (ar engenering) and he wrote that crane gold and comp ss rockers are a bit shorter so The fit good on trick flow head.
So now i just need new push rods👍👍
Thanks for good info :2thumbs: