News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Operation Superbird nose mock-up;

Started by hemi68charger, August 25, 2018, 09:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Operation Superbird nose mock-up;
Over at a good friend's in a galaxy-far-far-away... Trying to mock up the front nose on his newest Superbird.. Yes, there is a B5 Bird in the back, unrestored Survivor.. Trying to figure out the sequence we should do on paint, fitting, etc.. So, if you have a Superbird or Daytona, share your sequence of paint and body to finished mating of one nose to one car.. It is a complicated fit..

Anyone have a toll-free checklist of the order you do from mock-up for fender fit, painting everything off the car? On the car, paint nose separately, then install all buckets, light harness then gently and carefully slide that nose in with the front nose seal in place..
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

Troy,
When I did my bird,the nose and wing were painted off the car as was fenders,doors etc.I assembled the nose and myself and three friends installed,went right on with no issues.Also,when you install the gasket make sure it is on correct,if not you will have a 1/2" gap.Actually,the way the gasket is made,the way you would think it goes on is actually the wrong way,half the birds I see have the gasket backwards,the thick part goes inside the nose,here is the  way it should be.Also,good to help your friend,will keep him home more !!    :whistling

And here is another picture of that unrestored survivor !   :icon_smile_big: