News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wrong harness for 71 charger with ac?

Started by toplescuda, August 25, 2018, 10:13:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

toplescuda

Few years  back I bought a bunch of new wire harness as we were having the 71 charger painted ((gutted everything)
It didn't have a under hood harness.  I'm putting all back togeather  (piddle.here n there)
I was just looking and it don't look like I have wires that would of went to the ac??   If possible. Can someone help me with the wiring on the back(firewall) and on passenger side inner fender?

On inner fender I have green with a brown(May be red lol) tracer.    Then 2 long separate wires that one is green with same trader. And a brown.   Thoughts were horns???

Back on firewall.... have a plug that has 2 wires to a single blade plug.  One wire is blue with white tracer  and light  blue with a yellow  tracer...
Have a single blade with 2 wires. One brown. And one gray?
Have a female bare blade space that is light gray also
Would this be a non a.c. harness?  Or is there a small harness that connects  to the compressor and one of the wires that's not yet plugged in?...thanks

Nacho-RT74

The AC harness is an extra one what runs from tranny plug at bulkhead ( just 71, laters are a bit diff ). Is being sold around by somebody. It gets blue and green wires with packard male terminals to be inserted to the tranny plug empty cavities. Blue run first to the pressure sensor switch at dryer, then to compressor. Green runs straight to blower. This harness is pretty much easy to make at home.

Green traced red is horns
Brown is washer pump

Single blade with blue and gray wires spliced on it? I can't think on anything about it.

Female gray wire floating around on firewall should be oil pressure sender

Blue traced yellow is ECU, but is a 71, where elect ign was not available yet... unless added later and it splices into the RUN circuit which is blue ( can't recall if white traced ).
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

toplescuda

Thank you.   I ordered the ecu.. upgrade for the 71.     Not sure if will now use the stock ecu.. And may run a msd.7al2 box that I already have