News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Help with 68 charger wiring needed

Started by Jimmy01, August 27, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimmy01

Hi, from Australia and need a hand / advice with some wiring. - Headlights recently started dimming / going bright / dimming / going off / bright / dimming while I was driving - didn't check anything out for a couple of weeks as I (usually) never drive it at night and was to busy to get near it. - Then the indicators stopped worked (no indicator lights on dash or the actual indicators) working when I go to signal left or right.
-Any help on where to start looking would be much appreciated - also, is there anywhere on here where I can find a full wiring schematic for a 68 charger??
Thankyou!! :2thumbs:

RECHRGD

Hello there Mate!  Start checking all your grounds, bulkhead connections and voltage while running.  Alternator or voltage regulator may be dying.  I bet if you google search you'll find a wiring diagram.
Good luck, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Jimmy01

Cheers mate! thanks for that - you still have your charger??

RECHRGD

Yep, but maybe only for another week or so.  I've just lost the passion for it at 70......
13.53 @ 105.32

John_Kunkel

The bulkhead connectors are a good place to start looking for the dimming headlights but the turn signal problem might be the switch in the steering column.

Anyhow, here's a source for wiring schematics:

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=27
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Jimmy01

Quote from: RECHRGD on August 27, 2018, 08:54:55 PM
Yep, but maybe only for another week or so.  I've just lost the passion for it at 70......
--/enjoy it while you have it!!! - just coming out of winter here so time to start driving mine and enjoying it!

Jimmy01

Quote from: John_Kunkel on August 28, 2018, 01:53:11 PM
The bulkhead connectors are a good place to start looking for the dimming headlights but the turn signal problem might be the switch in the steering column.

Anyhow, here's a source for wiring schematics:

http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=27
[/quote
Thanks for that John - appreciate it mate! Hopefully find some time over the weekend to sort it out.