News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Upholstery

Started by Ryan.C, September 02, 2018, 02:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan.C

I am in need of seat covers and foam for my 69. Legendary has quoted me 1500 for what I need. Does anyone have a discount code or any advise on how to reduce the cost?
There are few problems in life that cannot be solved with C-4.

igozumn

Sale usually around Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.  I'm waiting til then.  Regular price on just my front covers (saddle, leather) is $1136.  Just, the covers.   :eek2:  My notes are around here somewhere, but 2 years ago, they were around $900+ on sale.  They didn't get that cheap last year.
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."

Ryan.C

damn, I was hoping to get them ordered this weekend as legendary is 6-8 weeks from order to delivery.

johntpr

And anything other than black is a long, long wait.

Ryan.C

tsmithae

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/Labor-Day-deals-are-here-.html?soid=1102816912529&aid=UHI4kKsiCF8

I ordered all my upholstery from Dante's and managed to get everything when it was on sale.  Looks like foams are right now.
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Lennard

Classic Industries also sells Legendary upholstery, and they often have discounts.

Alaskan_TA

Try Dante. If you are willing to wait for a sale, let him know.

b5blue

Sign up for mailing list and they will all advise you of sales. Not all sales go to lowest price. (I used "Black Friday".) If buying on sale expect it to take longer to fill due to increased volume of orders. I called ahead and talked to them before hand to be certain I was ready with a compete detailed order.
 I found that I totally underestimated the amount of time/labor to strip and prep old seat frames and related parts/areas. Hog rings, 100's of them, each one has got to go. Burlap, are you thinking the factory burlap with the thin stiff wire in it is any good? I used 2 layers of burlap on the drivers seat but one layer on the rest. (Never found that wire so have none.) Painting the frames was a pain as most of the paint you use just goes into the air you keep flipping frames only to see more areas missed, like trying to paint a big pile of wire coat hangers in one or two shots.  :lol:
 Search here for topics on recovering and bookmark them and look on YouTube for videos. Think about everything around the seats that may be effected by any aspect like are you doing anything to carpet, rear quarter windows, side panels or seat belts?  Good luck!