News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

This has been bugging me for years !!! Need door pad advice.

Started by 440, September 02, 2018, 08:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

This has been bugging me for a long time and I can't decide which way to go, I keep going in circles.

Ever since I ordered 69 pads and then found out my car has 68 locks this has been a roadblock. Even when I originally ordered them from Mike at BEA he asked about the door lock location.

Anyways, I need to make a decision if I want to ever finish the car. The top set of pads are original pads and the bottom set are new ones from BEA.

Do I save some money and order a set of tan 68 front pads from PG classic and hope they still match the rear pads ?

Do I just re-dye the original pads with SEM dye, they were originally black but unfortunately were dyed too dark by the previous owner? Obviously being nearly 50 years old they aren't new but are still in really good shape. I always worry about scratching the dye which creates an eyesore.

Being in Australia the dollar conversion and stupid shipping prices really drive up the cost. I think landed here a pair of front pads are just over $800 aud landed.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Does anyone repro this linkage complete? Will it likely be cheaper than new pads? Someone also said the latch is slightly different between the two, is this true?

Personally I like the 68 location as it looks cleaner but is not easy for some people to reach.

green69rt

Quote from: 440 on September 02, 2018, 10:40:49 PM
Does anyone repro this linkage complete? Will it likely be cheaper than new pads? Someone also said the latch is slightly different between the two, is this true?

Personally I like the 68 location as it looks cleaner but is not easy for some people to reach.

The pic shows the linkage you need.

If you read thru this thread you can get some help on how to install it.  You'll need to cut a hole in the top of the door to match the pad but I don't think there are any other differences.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,130202.0.html

Forgot to add that I have one extra set but sending it to you might cost.  You'll still need another set.