News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's a Jeep thing

Started by JB400, September 04, 2018, 03:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JB400

ACUDANUT

I'd rather own a Vietnam era jeep (M-151).  Twice the leg room and twice the performance all around.

60Buick

Thank you for posting that.  It's pretty interesting. I'll pass on jeeps and stick with the Ambulance's. More room, a roof, heater, 4 beds and I'm not sitting on the gas tank! My wife and I have 2. The 53 Dodge Army Ambulance we restored 2 years ago and the 65 Dodge Marine Corp is still waiting in line but we got it running and driving. The 65 is in the background of the 2nd photo.
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1960 Plymouth Belvedere
1953 Dodge M43 Army Ambulance
1965 Dodge M43 Marine Corp Ambulance
1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Police car clone
1962 Plymouth Valiant Taxi cab
1974 AMC Gremlin XR-401 clone
1974 AMC Hurst Rescue Gremlin clone
1974 AMC Gremlin X
1975 AMC Pacer D/L

Q5XX29

Cool article- thanks for sharing.
dakota_gt on Instagram

ACUDANUT

Quote from: 60Buick on September 11, 2018, 11:02:43 AM
Thank you for posting that.  It's pretty interesting. I'll pass on jeeps and stick with the Ambulance's. More room, a roof, heater, 4 beds and I'm not sitting on the gas tank! My wife and I have 2. The 53 Dodge Army Ambulance we restored 2 years ago and the 65 Dodge Marine Corp is still waiting in line but we got it running and driving. The 65 is in the background of the 2nd photo.

I am confused about a Marine Corps Ambulance.  The Marines don't have Corpsmans/Medics.  We rely on the Navy to provide these services.  :shruggy:

60Buick

I'm not sure how exactly that worked with Marines/Navy.

My uncle served with the Navy Seabee's during Vietnam.  For a while he was stationed at the Firebase An Hoa with the 5th Marines. All the vehicles they were using were in USMC markings. Nothing was Navy grey. I saw a picture of the ambulance that sat by the runway, it was in USMC markings and green.

On the M43 ambulance, I have only seen in 3 colors, od green with white markings for army, forest green with yellow markings for Marines and blue with yellow markings for airforce. The M37 was the pickup version, I have seen them in navy grey with black markings but only trucks that never left the country. I would love to see a grey M43.

I did find a picture of our 65 and a period picture of another M43. The last picture is a Navy M37 that I took at last year's military vehicle rally.
1968 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1960 Plymouth Belvedere
1953 Dodge M43 Army Ambulance
1965 Dodge M43 Marine Corp Ambulance
1975 Plymouth Gran Fury Police car clone
1962 Plymouth Valiant Taxi cab
1974 AMC Gremlin XR-401 clone
1974 AMC Hurst Rescue Gremlin clone
1974 AMC Gremlin X
1975 AMC Pacer D/L

ACUDANUT

It was a trick question. ;D...  Marine Vehicles and Drivers. Corpsmen rode shot gun. Same today, as in WWII.