News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carter Street Super Mechanical Fuel Pump M6903

Started by Sixt8Chrgr, September 05, 2018, 05:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixt8Chrgr

I bought the above fuel pump to run on my stock build 69 440 AVS carb car. I had a local guy tell me that this fuel pump generates too much pressure. The specs say it generates from 5.5 to 7.5 psi. I assume the 7.5 is at around 6K rpms where I will not have my engine.
The reason I am going this route is because of an earlier problem I posted here not long ago. After a drive in hot conditions in stop and go traffic my car is boiling the gas in the carb and fuel line. The fuel pump is also getting hot and won't pump. A few other posters mentioned the same problem and had good luck with this fuel pump. I also have used this fuel pump on my 68 440 with good luck but had a Holley carb. Last night I installed a phenolic spacer under the carb removing an 1/2" aluminum spacer. We will see what this does and then I want to install the fuel pump if it won't be too much pressure.

Thanks

Lawrence

green69rt

Looking at the FSM, pressure ranges goes from 3.5 to 8.0.  Lower pressures are for the slant six and 273/318/340  (3.5 - 5.0).  Hi performace engines get more (5.0 - 7.0) with the hemi getting up to 8.0.   If it worries you, just put an adjustable fuel pressure regulator on it and be done.   This also has the advantage of you knowing what the pressure is if you ever need to trouble shoot.   

I would guess that you would be OK in any case.

b5blue

I think many forget there are 2 aspects for fuel pumps pressure and volume. HP engines have a vapor return line to the tank and that would seem to require a bit more volume. I think you'll be fine.

c00nhunterjoe

Needle and seat will hold her fine at any of those pressures. I run my electric at 8 full time. Your mechanical will be fine.

Sixt8Chrgr