News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear seat removal

Started by Mr. Lee, September 10, 2018, 02:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Lee

Guys, help me out..

What's the trick to get the rear seat out of my 69? Need to replace the rear wiring harness.

I know about the hooks, and have to push the seat down and back but I can't get the thing out..

What is the trick to get it out easy? Thanks  :2thumbs:

paironines

Push back on the bottom where your heels would be if you were sitting on the seat, lift up. I use my knee to push back on the stubborn ones.

WiscoKid

As I get older and find a rear seat that has never been out, I get out a bottle jack and 2 pieces of wood. Place the wood against the front seat and the rear seat and start jacking. Just my 2 cents.

Your knee is the best tool I think. Brace your foot against the seat frame or door sill and give it a good heave with both your knee and hands.

rollo1504

Quote from: paironines on September 10, 2018, 03:01:30 PM
Push back on the bottom where your heels would be if you were sitting on the seat, lift up. I use my knee to push back on the stubborn ones.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Birdflu

Quote from: WiscoKid on September 10, 2018, 03:41:59 PM
As I get older and find a rear seat that has never been out, I get out a bottle jack and 2 pieces of wood. Place the wood against the front seat and the rear seat and start jacking. Just my 2 cents.

Not gonna lie...done that! :yesnod:

maxwellwedge

Some are super tight. Just be careful where you push....older fabric can rip.

Mr. Lee

Thanks for all the ideas and helf, unfortionatly I can't get the damn thing out. Some other time perhaps...

b5blue

Take a 2x4 measure and use some 4 inch screws to make a "T" that fits from front seatback to 2 1/2 inches short of rear seat. Make a 24 inch hunk of 2x4 as a lever. Pad contact areas with your wife's best cotton towels and you'll be able to jog and lift off the hooks without damage to the seats and yourself.   :Twocents:
  You may need to fiddle with placement and movement a bit but I swear the factory must have had some such gimmick, I did this to install also and it was a snap.

birdsandbees

Here's a picture of the hook shape, so you know what "motion" you are going for...
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487