News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why oh why

Started by Lennard, September 15, 2018, 01:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

tan top

:popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

sdweatherman

I like the door design, and the front grill with some stainless instead of orange would be better - but the rear end just looks dumb on that car........ :eek2:
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GY8/318/Auto
1971 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus GB7/318/Auto factory Sunroof
1972 Plymouth Satellite Sebring Plus EV2/400/Auto factory Sunroof

Birdflu

Kern Dog

How do you spend $30,000 and end up with such a piece of shit? Did the guy write checks to have all the work done?
I have far less than that in mine....

XH29N0G

Depends on perspective.  If you think dystopic mad maxy, then it could be kind of cool. 

But not my cup of beer.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

will

That grill looks like the netting we use on scaffolds. hideous

alfaitalia

...well I've seen worse......there was that one...ermm......oh hang on a momemt........no.....no I haven't! :hah:
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

70 sublime

Quote from: alfaitalia on September 16, 2018, 09:22:15 AM
...well I've seen worse......there was that one...ermm......oh hang on a momemt........no.....no I haven't! :hah:

Do you remember that red 68 Daytona thing ??

Think it was worse
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

JR

It reminds me of the 1999 Dukes Video game where they used a 73-74 charger, but added a 69 grille and taillights afterwards. I guess they figured it was close enough. :icon_smile_big:

70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

CDN72SE

Guess the owner really wants a '68. and that 68 Daytona is back on eBay with a lowered price of $60k.
1972 Charger SE

orange383

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 16, 2018, 01:08:42 AM
How do you spend $30,000 and end up with such a piece of shit? Did the guy write checks to have all the work done?

A very nice '70 you have there Kern Dog. Looks good in red and with out the door scoops. Any more pics?

Mike DC

QuoteIt reminds me of the 1999 Dukes Video game where they used a 73-74 charger, but added a 69 grille and taillights afterwards. I guess they figured it was close enough.

Ironically, that ended up looking like the old General Lee toy for the Star-Wars-size figures.  It's pretty clear they started with a 3rd-gen shape and then slapped more '69-ish details onto it. 

Kern Dog

Quote from: orange383 on September 16, 2018, 02:40:19 PM
Quote from: Kern Dog on September 16, 2018, 01:08:42 AM

A very nice '70 you have there Kern Dog. Looks good in red and with out the door scoops. Any more pics?

Thank you...!
Mine is not a genuine R/T, it was built as a 318 powered 500 model in F8 green!

metallicareload99

If you try and remember, we have all seen worse

Quote from: 440 on September 16, 2018, 11:14:57 PM
Duketona?

I thought it was Duktona™ ?

Quote from: CDN72SE on September 16, 2018, 01:13:38 PM
Guess the owner really wants a '68. and that 68 Daytona is back on eBay with a lowered price of $60k.

If I bought a 3rd gen instead of my 68, this is probably how it would have ended up  :-\
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

orange383

bakerhillpins

:o   :eek2:    Not for me thanks.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

JB400

They're trying to create a Bullitt tribute.  They just need a Mustang II to recreate the chase scene

westcoastdodge

Quote from: 70 sublime on September 16, 2018, 09:37:59 AM

Do you remember that red 68 Daytona thing ??

Think it was worse
this one :eek2:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Charger/162892053315?hash=item25ed1f7b43:g:XBUAAOSw5V5ae6VA&vxp=mtr
I don't care what is is designed to do,I want to know what it can do.
Gene Kranz

figgy308

I don't normally comment on how people present their cars. Their ride is their choice. However the idea that signing the speedo is bizarre. It makes it much harder to read. Why not sign the windscreen?

Anyhow if a numbers matching 383/4 is worth $60k then we are all sitting on gold mines ladies and gentlemen. Happy days.