News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

360 to 505 Stroker Complete!

Started by Evoking, September 20, 2018, 06:43:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evoking

Loving my 360 to 505 stroker swap. BUT...  what the hell do you guys do to reduce engine heat coming into the cabin?!?  Need some tips...

Cncguy

Start with dynamat or similar on firewall. You also may have to get header wrap and wrap headers.

Charger-Bodie

Plus , when it all gets fully broken in in will make less heat.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Birdflu

Quote from: Evoking on September 20, 2018, 06:43:54 AM
Loving my 360 to 505 stroker swap. BUT...  what the hell do you guys do to reduce engine heat coming into the cabin?!?  Need some tips...

Nice looking engine compartment!  :2thumbs:

Evoking

Quote from: Cncguy on September 20, 2018, 07:31:24 AM
Start with dynamat or similar on firewall. You also may have to get header wrap and wrap headers.

I have ceramic headers. Would wrapping still help?

WHITE AND RED 69

Quote from: Evoking on September 20, 2018, 09:26:48 AM
Quote from: Cncguy on September 20, 2018, 07:31:24 AM

I have ceramic headers. Would wrapping still help?

No need to wrap them. Add dynamat to the firewall and floor and it will reduce the heat dramatically. In mine I have dynamat with a dynaliner over the sections of the floor and I never feel any heat coming thru the firewall or floors.
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster