News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picked up another toy today

Started by 70 sublime, September 20, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 sublime

Well I had some cash show up that I was never expecting to get back and just happened to see this for sale so ......

This spring I drove my 69 100 miles from home to meet this guy which also drove 100 miles to meet me half way ( he drove a 72 Dodge Monaco )

next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

70 sublime

Well now I have a 4 speed and a 6 pack just need the big piece for in between

I sold off a few odds and ends and got some cash rounded up

I ended up with a 1972 Marine block that had just came back from machine shop before I picked it up bored 60 over
Got a set of closed chamber heads
6 pack rods
New pistons
And a steel crank that was turned 10 under and is drilled for the 4 speed  :icon_smile_big:

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

TexasStroker

Nice, congrats on the haul...should be a fun project!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

70 sublime

Well we finished the last odd jobs today in the farm shop so I will be moving the car in for the winter project very soon

Have a bit of house cleaning and couple big blocks to get stored out of the way to make some floor space then play time begins  :2thumbs:

So one of the first things I will need to sort out is the floor was welded in by former owner then pulled apart again on the passenger side front seat area by the rocker

Question

Is the pinch rail that starts by to door hinge and goes down to run along the top of the door sill then back up the back of the door frame again a square box ? As in measures the same across side to side at every location ?

70 sublime

Well to start the new year off right I thought it was the perfect day on January 1 2021 to move my car from my house garage to the farm shop

To move the car I rolled it out of the garage then cranked the wheels as far as they would go and let it go down hill to get turned the right direction
To move dead stuff around we have an old 8 foot long piece of pipe I just threaded a piece of chain through
Bolt one end to the K frame of the car and the tractor has a hook welded on in the middle of the loader for the other end
Had to get off the tractor a few times to steer the car but slow and steady got it there
I was going to say in one piece but as you can see it is in many pieces

Last picture is January 2

Ha ha guess I picked the right day to move it

70 sublime

Jan 2

This car is a part done project that I got from an estate so I have no clue the status of things so figure I should get some parts together and see how things are fitting

So yesterday I scrounged up the hood hinges and got the hood on
Doing this by myself I usually use the engine crane to hold one end but it was stuck behind the car
So a block of wood and the shovel proved to be the right amount of length to hold the point ( no I would not do it this way if everything was painted pretty )
Got it half fitting but could not get the fenders to sit flat as they should
They just wanted to roll in some

70 sublime

I had another fender as the passenger one looks kind of ugly so thought I would give it a try

Also remembered the car came with a chunk of the rad support as the old owner had changed all the front pieces with new parts
Hmmm

Got to looking at the panels that go from the rad opening to the inner fenders
Do not look the same

I guess he used 68 69 style and not 70
There was no place to bolt the fender to the panel
Also no hole for the battery tray either

Guess he kept the old part as a pattern of where to add a couple holes in his new pieces

70 sublime

So tomorrows project will be to get front apart again and make some holes and attach the threaded blocks like it had originally

I feel this may be a theme with this car
Put stuff together and take apart again to make adjustments

I already know there are no holes for the stainless trim clips around the back window

70 sublime

update

Just getting the fenders and doors lined up

Hood needs to move ahead just a slight bit more on pass side

ACUDANUT

Cool project !! How is the frame rails and underbody look ?