News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Front shock specs

Started by BrugeeRT, September 23, 2018, 07:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrugeeRT

Does anyone know the specs for the front shocks (compressed and extended) for a 68 RT?
Looking at getting these
https://www.carid.com/1968-dodge-charger-suspension-systems/helix-racing-shock-354441752.htm
Mark

HPP

Your link says file not found.  Stock B body specs:  Compressed 10.27", Extended 16.7", Travel 6.43"

BrugeeRT

Mark

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

HeavyFuel

I had Gabriel HD shocks all the way around up until recently.  So stiff it felt like the car was going over railroad tracks on every little imperfection on the road surface.

I couldn't make a decision on which shocks to put on as a replacement to soften up the ride a little....ended up putting on Monroe-matics, knowing that it would be temporary.....just so sick of my car getting beat to death by our shitty roads.

Well, I'm hear to tell ya that shocks make a big difference in handling, not just ride.   Seems like a no brainer.

The Monroes make my car almost scary squishy around higher speed corners.  Puttering around town is no big deal, but ANY kind of spirited driving is just dumb now.  But it IS softer over bumps.    :rotz:

Can't wait to change them out again.  Probably will splurge for the B-body specific Bilsteins.  PST and Firmfeel sell them.

303 Mopar

BrugeeRT

So I ordered from PST what I thought was a pair of Bilsteins for about $240 and got one shock in the mail.  I called them and they said they have to check the shipping weight of the package to verify only one shock was sent.  They better make it right!  I was getting ready to order a lot more from them.
Mark

HPP

Uhh, sorry, but that sounds about right for a single Bilstein.

303 Mopar

Quote from: BrugeeRT on November 06, 2018, 04:41:33 PM
So I ordered from PST what I thought was a pair of Bilsteins for about $240 and got one shock in the mail.  I called them and they said they have to check the shipping weight of the package to verify only one shock was sent.  They better make it right!  I was getting ready to order a lot more from them.

They don't sell single shocks, and they run about $240 for the pair.  It should be two shocks. Part number BIL55R082 are the front pair shocks and BIL55R093 are the rear.

BrugeeRT

yep its for 2, they called back today after checking the shipping weight and said they would get the other in the mail.  Hopefully they will get the warehouse people trained.
Mark

JR

The QA1 single adjustable shocks are one of the best mods I've ever done. It has 10 different ranges of adjustment on the rebound rate.

I can soften my car up for street use, and then when I autocross or want some spirited driving, I can firm them up by turning one knob on each shock. They are amazing.

I kept the soft torsion bars and leaf springs that the stock RTs came with, but paired them with big front and rear sway bars, and it's the best of both worlds. Body control and suspension is excellent for all types of fun driving, but the adjustable shocks let the car be softened up for backroad cruising, while the big sway bars keep the body control in check.

I highly recommend them.
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green