News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Im a trader, I know......Sold the 68

Started by azfrench, September 24, 2018, 01:03:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azfrench

I have been on this forum for a few years now and have enjoyed all the time and the post.  I had planned out the rebuild of this charger for a while and took a lot of ideas from the members here.  But, something happened a few weeks ago and I had to sell my 1968 charger project.  A neighbor had a 1970 Cuda sitting in the garage for over 10 years.  It was time for them to sell this Cuda.  I was asked to go over and look at this car and to find out what it was needing to be put back on the road so they could sell it.  At the time I did not know it was a Cuda.  Well, after about a week I became the new owner.  Had to sell the charger to finance it but I think it was a worthy trade off.  So I am saying this to say that I may not be on this forum much anymore or until I get another charger.  Thank you all for the wonderful ideas and times.  See you in the future. 
1968 Charger

BLK 68 R/T

Quote from: azfrench on September 24, 2018, 01:03:10 PM
I have been on this forum for a few years now and have enjoyed all the time and the post.  I had planned out the rebuild of this charger for a while and took a lot of ideas from the members here.  But, something happened a few weeks ago and I had to sell my 1968 charger project.  A neighbor had a 1970 Cuda sitting in the garage for over 10 years.  It was time for them to sell this Cuda.  I was asked to go over and look at this car and to find out what it was needing to be put back on the road so they could sell it.  At the time I did not know it was a Cuda.  Well, after about a week I became the new owner.  Had to sell the charger to finance it but I think it was a worthy trade off.  So I am saying this to say that I may not be on this forum much anymore or until I get another charger.  Thank you all for the wonderful ideas and times.  See you in the future. 

So did you trade it for your charger?

Lennard

Alaskan_TA

Details on the Cuda?

For myself (I know opinions differ) the 1970 models, the entire line up looks better than any other model year.

paironines

Congrats! Love the 70 -71 Cudas. Hopefully its less of a project? Pics would be nice.

Kern Dog

Maybe something was lost in translation. Did you mean "traitor" ?

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Kern Dog on September 24, 2018, 05:41:23 PM

To the original poster, this forum sadly does not have a set to 'ignore' feature.

If it did, I would not have seen that comment & many, many similar others from the same overly negative person.

So just ignore him & carry on.  :cheers:

azfrench

LOL.. Yes I did mean Traitor...  Don't know how I missed that.  I had to sell the charger to purchase the Cuda.  It is a 1970 383, 4 speed car.  I will try to post pics later.  It was a one owner car.  He purchased new in 1970.  Kept the car all stock except the intake manifold. Otherwise completely unmolested.  It smokes pretty bad from the right side cylinders so a rebuild is most likely in order. I will get working on the pics. 
1968 Charger

bakerhillpins

Quote from: azfrench on October 03, 2018, 04:51:49 PM
LOL.. Yes I did mean Traitor...  Don't know how I missed that.  I had to sell the charger to purchase the Cuda.  It is a 1970 383, 4 speed car.  I will try to post pics later.  It was a one owner car.  He purchased new in 1970.  Kept the car all stock except the intake manifold. Otherwise completely unmolested.  It smokes pretty bad from the right side cylinders so a rebuild is most likely in order. I will get working on the pics. 

Sounds like a great car! I'd personally love to have a 70 Cuda but I don't think I could trade my 69 Charger for it. Then again, I've got a car that I can enjoy now but I can see moving from a project to a running but needs some maintenance 1 owner car works.

Pics would be great too!  :popcrn:  :2thumbs:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

alfaitalia

Id love it too....in addition the 69....not instead of!....not that I could afford to do that :brickwall:. Don't think I've ever seen a 70 'Cuda in the UK.
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 24, 2018, 05:48:50 PM

To the original poster, this forum sadly does not have a set to 'ignore' feature.

If it did, I would not have seen that comment & many, many similar others from the same overly negative person.

So just ignore him & carry on.  :cheers:
I was as polite as possible while  trying to help the guy out. I've been rude before but made the effort to be reasonable.
Overly negative? You interpret things incorrectly. I'm as silly and obnoxious as anyone I've ever met.

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: Kern Dog on October 05, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
I'm as silly and obnoxious as anyone I've ever met.

Good thing you've never met me.

Benji

No, a traitor would have sold the Charger and bought a 442, or a GTO or (worse yet) a Chevelle or a Torino with the $$$. He just swapped one Mopar for another and a good swap it was. I had a 1970 Barracuda with a 340 back in the day.  Wish I still had it!!

Benji

Kern Dog

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on October 06, 2018, 04:51:15 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on October 05, 2018, 09:14:40 PM
I'm as silly and obnoxious as anyone I've ever met.

Good thing you've never met me.

I can appreciate an offensive joke, inappropriate humor and obnoxious comments. The worst for me is dwelling among boring people.

alfaitalia

You would love it here....all our jokes are offensive joke, inappropriate humor and obnoxious comments!

Try this; Jimmy is one of our most popular comics!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2_HbqPpQDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHoz7LiyAYY

Don't open if easily offended.....so you will be fine KD!

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Kern Dog

Jimmy puts out some funny stuff. Thanks!

Johnnymopar

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on September 24, 2018, 03:46:55 PM
Details on the Cuda?

For myself (I know opinions differ) the 1970 models, the entire line up looks better than any other model year.
I too am a fan of the 1970 models. Peak of the era from Mopar imho (with a couple exceptions).  In fact a 70 'cuda is tied for first with the '69/70 Chargers for me.  Having said this, I may give up on my search for a Charger and start work on my '70 GTX.  Hopefully I still find a way to get one, even a decent 318 driver.