News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use "Remflex" gaskets?

Started by b5blue, September 26, 2018, 12:34:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b5blue

Looks like a good product now that I'm settled in on parts. Sidewinder heads and 69 HP exhaust manifolds. Anyone recall manifold to pipe flange bolt spacing?

BSB67

500" NA, Eddy head, pump gas, exhaust manifold with 2 1/2 exhaust with tailpipes
4150 lbs with driver, 3.23 gear, stock converter
11.68 @ 120.2 mph

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

b5blue

Mopar Nut

I've never used gaskets on factory stock exhaust manifolds nor did ma mopar. No leaks even after 50 years of use.  :shruggy:

Are the Sidewinder heads milled flat like the stock factory heads?
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

PlainfieldCharger

Remflex here...worked awesome. follow the low torque specs while installing them... :icon_smile_cool:

cdr

Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 27, 2018, 02:11:23 AM
I've never used gaskets on factory stock exhaust manifolds nor did ma mopar. No leaks even after 50 years of use.  :shruggy:

Running alum head,against cast iron would not me wise, the Rimflex gasket is awesome, BUT be careful they break very easy when installing.
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

RallyeMike

I swear by these, but use regular gaskets until you have everything dialed in. The Reflexes are not really re-usable.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

b5blue

Mopar Nut

Quote from: cdr on September 27, 2018, 04:41:49 PM
Quote from: Mopar Nut on September 27, 2018, 02:11:23 AM

Running alum head,against cast iron would not me wise, the Rimflex gasket is awesome, BUT be careful they break very easy when installing.

Thank you, didn't think about that.
"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

igozumn

Quote from: cdr on September 27, 2018, 04:41:49 PMBUT be careful they break very easy when installing.

Or removing them from the package......
A man walks into a psychiatrist's office wearing nothing but underpants made from saran wrap.  The psychiatrist says, "Well....I can clearly see your nuts...."