News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Orbital Polisher Question:

Started by Captain D, October 01, 2018, 08:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi all,

Just a quick question here if we could - although I realize that something like this is good enough for applying your basic polish, glaze, and wax. But, how about for using it for some minor wet sanding jobs just out of curiosity?

https://www.amazon.com/Carrand-94001AS-Professional-Automotive-Polisher/dp/B0038YNA16

Thanks for any info!

hemi-hampton

Not the type I use or would use. I still use my antique Makita. LEON.

WHITE AND RED 69

That's never going to take out any scratches from wet sanding. Save your money and get a DA (Dual Action) polisher with some microfiber cutting pads for compounding and some polishing pads to finish it off. I've been using a Griot's Garage 6" DA polisher with Meguair's microfiber pads and it has worked out very well. I bought mine about 5 years ago so there are better ones on the market now but it all depends on what you are willing to spend.   :cheers:
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Captain D

Thank you gents for taking the time to chime in. This is exactly what I needed to know - I appreciate your time and help!  :cheers: