News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone install headrest chrome trim from yearone?

Started by Back N Black, October 03, 2018, 01:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

Lennard

I never installed it, but you can buy the same trim at your local auto parts store for half the price.

VegasCharger

Quote from: Lennard on October 03, 2018, 10:12:02 PM
I never installed it, but you can buy the same trim at your local auto parts store for half the price.

I AGREE!!!! :iagree:

Plus it's always nice to steer clear of Year One.  :puke: :puke: :puke:

Back N Black

I attempted to remove the trim of an old headrest I had laying around, it would not come off without tearing the vinyl apart. Not sure I want to attempt the headrest in my car.

Lennard

Dino

The trim is heat sealed onto the vinyl. You need to cut it off and finish it with a Dremel before applying new trim.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bill440rt

Quote from: Dino on October 06, 2018, 08:28:29 AM
The trim is heat sealed onto the vinyl. You need to cut it off and finish it with a Dremel before applying new trim.

Dino is correct.
The original stuff is not stick-on like the replacement bands. You need to carefully dremel off the old bands, clean, and apply the new ones.
Here's a thread I made how I restored them:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,45307.0.html
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce