News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Just Want to Say Howdy

Started by Big Joe, October 03, 2018, 11:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Joe

XH29N0G

Welcome.  We look forward to seeing and hearing more about your car and hope the information and you find group on here to be helpful.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

bakerhillpins

Quote from: XH29N0G on October 03, 2018, 11:52:27 PM
Welcome.  We look forward to seeing and hearing more about your car and hope the information and you find group on here to be helpful.

What he said!  Welcome :wave:

Feed us some pics!
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

JB400

b5blue

alfaitalia

Hi Joe....from the British side of the Atlantic! Where are you hailing from Joe??
If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

CDN72SE

Welcome to the site Joe, share your story with us.
1972 Charger SE

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Lennard

Hammer759

:2thumbs: I am new here and now I can load pictures! 

Big Joe

Thank y'all kindly for the welcomes. As the C&W song says "Here's my story and I'm sticking to it " I recently bought the Charger from my neighbor across the street who parked it in 2005. After a year of negotiations, I aired up the tires and with the help of my son , chain dragged her home. He claimed that he drove it to his backyard so I removed all the plugs, dumped some MM oil down each cylinder and rotated the engine 1/4 turn over the next few days to loosen things up. Installed new battery, removed both bowels from the Holley carb, and unstuck the float valves. Changed oil and filter. Spun the the engine with the starter and pumped out the MM oil. Installed new plugs, disconnected the fuel supply line and hooked up a remote gas tank with siphon supply. Crossed my fingers, turned the ignition switch and within 2 revolutions see fired up. Boy was I smiling!! She smoked and rattled until the lifters pumped up. Next I checked all fluid levels and topped off antifreeze, tranny, PS, and brake fluids and took her for a drive around the neighborhood. Since all that I got busy with work and have some electrical issues that I'm sorting out.  I tried to post some pics last night but quite haven't figured out how to do it yet. Thanks again and looking forward to being a member of this forum

VegasCharger

Hello Joe and welcome aboard! :cheers:

I can load your pics in here until you figure out how to post them.

If interested send pics to my email:

slayervegas at gmail dot com

Good luck with your '70.  :2thumbs:

VegasCharger

Pics courtesy of the OP (Joe) :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

:cheers:

VegasCharger

a few more............ :popcrn:

darbgnik

Welcome! Looks in decent shape by the pictures.

What kind of shape is the body in?
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

moparfan53

Hello Big Joe and welcome.

Two things stood out to me about your car;

If the black on the hood is factory, it is the optional "V21 - Hood Performance Paint Treatment". I believe that is a fairly rare option.

Other thing is the speaker by the vin tag, which indicates the R22 AM/8 track player. That was the only optional radio that used the 3 speakers on the dash. While not rare, it is not common either. Does it still have that radio?

Trivia info about the radio. In '70 all the B body radios changed from thumbwheel to rotary style except for the AM/8 track. It was still the '69/thumbwheel type. I mention this in case somebody tries to tell you the car has the wrong radio (assuming it still has the original). I have seen this happen before.

Looks like a great car...  buckets, console etc.

:cheers:

dual fours

Hello Big Joe, Welcome to DC.com. Good to see you rescued a '70. Can't wait for more pictures.
Take lots of clear photos, cause you can't go back and get them afterwards. The dirt and crust some of us, well me anyway like to see how you found it. Then the clean up photos. Did you look behind the rear seat back for a Build/Production Broadcast Sheet, if ones there it can be fragile, be very careful. Looks like an XP model, of the approx. 27,432 made 191 had V21 option. If it is an XH model , of the approx. 9,163 built, 27 had the V21 option. I hope the fender tag is in place on the drivers side fender inside about a foot back from the battery. :popcrn:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

69rtse4spd

Big Joe

Howdy all and thanks again for the kind responses. In response to the various inquiries this is what I have found, so far... The body is in pretty good shape except for rear quarters, where I discovered a bondo job. The trunk floor has been replaced and it looks like they did a good job. In regards to the radio it is the AM 8 track , thumb wheels with 3 front speakers and the F/R balance dial under the dash. In regards to the fender tag, sadly, very sadly, it's missing...I asked the about it when I bought it but who knows...Hopefully I can find the broad cast sheet. According to the VIN it's an XP car. 383 HP 727 St. Louis plant. Previous owner installed a HP 440 in her. Currently I just replaced all the rubber fuel and vapor hoses. Removed the alternator due to an alignment issue and discovered that PO cobbled together various parts and pieces to make it work, well.... I ordered new brackets from  Year One along with belts. Also removed the leaking water pump and ordered that also. Thanks again for all the replies and check back for further updates