News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pair of wing cars barn find

Started by aifilaw, September 20, 2018, 02:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aifilaw

This might be a repost, but I scrolled through the list and didn't find, so I'll share. Delete if it's a repost...
amazing pictures and interesting story

https://www.ebay.com/itm/392122524129
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

alfaitalia

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you !!

Aero426

The story is all over the internets, spreading like the plague.

held1823

Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Stevetona

All this publicity is driving the price of these cars into the stratosphere. Good for owners. Bad for us wannabes.  :lol:

held1823

the cars truly are a phenomenal find.

it's a damn shame they were found by a flipper
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Stevetona on September 21, 2018, 07:57:20 PM
All this publicity is driving the price of these cars into the stratosphere. Good for owners. Bad for us wannabes.  :lol:

So true.

wingcarenvy

Quote from: held1823 on September 21, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself.

TheAutoArchaeologist

Sucks it is just about all made up to increase the price of the vehicles.  Now the previous owner is sending the new owner a cease and desist on the false claims.

https://jalopnik.com/the-story-of-those-barn-find-plymouth-superbirds-got-ex-1829313593

wingcarenvy

Quote from: Devil on October 04, 2018, 06:35:20 PM
Sucks it is just about all made up to increase the price of the vehicles.  Now the previous owner is sending the new owner a cease and desist on the false claims.

https://jalopnik.com/the-story-of-those-barn-find-plymouth-superbirds-got-ex-1829313593

Unfortunately everything is a barn find even if you found it in a warehouse full of other cars for sale by a dealer but it hasn't been washed in a few days. It really takes away from the real stories of some great finds. This reeks of that Mopar Muscle story about the Daytona with staged barn setting but it was found in a carport.

DAY CLONA

Never got all the hoopla over this "barn find/field find/junk yard find/etc/etc" crap, even worse is when the vehicles are "proudly" displayed with all the rust/damage/mouse/bird shit piled on it, to me a vehicle is only worth what I want to pay for it, regardless of condition, where/how it was stored, or if some idiot(s) of some perceived notoriety autographed it, farted in the driver's seat, blessed it, raced it, etc..

almost as bad as the want ads "I'm looking for "My/Dads/Brothers/Moms/Uncles old car" usually posted by individuals with no real money to spend, or perceived notions that it will be sold to them for pennies on the dollar because of some past ownership/relation to it

62 Max

Quote from: wingcarenvy on October 04, 2018, 11:04:10 AM
Quote from: held1823 on September 21, 2018, 08:19:17 PM

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Most end up with flippers because that is what they to have the funds to purchase,the average guy usually doesn't have the funds to do that.