News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

aftermarket torsion support

Started by spoolinhard, October 04, 2018, 01:54:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolinhard

I thought that I read somewhere that someone used an aftermarket torsion support/crossmembers, and that the bungs for the torsion bar where not straight, not allowing the torsion bar to go into the lower control arm.

Has anyone here used the goodmark piece? AMD? what are your thoughts based off of those experiences?

green69rt

Quote from: spoolinhard on October 04, 2018, 01:54:36 PM
I thought that I read somewhere that someone used an aftermarket torsion support/crossmembers, and that the bungs for the torsion bar where not straight, not allowing the torsion bar to go into the lower control arm.

Has anyone here used the goodmark piece? AMD? what are your thoughts based off of those experiences?

Got mine from AMD and yes, the torsion bar sockets were not parallel.  Not by much but it did make it harder to install the torsion bars.  I would inspect them carefully upon receipt.  Best way is to just put the bar hex end into the socket and see if they hang in parallel.  No need to do much more than that.

spoolinhard

did you have to modify the torsion support, or did it function as is?

green69rt

Quote from: spoolinhard on October 04, 2018, 02:58:04 PM
did you have to modify the torsion support, or did it function as is?

I had to put some twist in the support, not enough to mess up the fit to the floor but still...

IF I did it again I would send it back to AMD and get another.  They need to step up their QA!

VegasCharger

I have a nice original torsion bar x member (SW sheet metal) if you want to go that direction.
:cheers:

green69rt

Quote from: VegasCharger on October 05, 2018, 02:54:52 AM
I have a nice original torsion bar x member (SW sheet metal) if you want to go that direction.
:cheers:

I would take VegasCharger up on his offer if I needed another one.