News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 windage tray, oil pan & pickup?

Started by Midnight_Rider, October 07, 2018, 10:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnight_Rider

What's a good combination of oil pan, pickup and windage tray (scraper?) for a 440 Source 4.25 crank / 7.1 rod stroker kit?

Going into a 71 Road Runner. I have a 402 pan, which should fit? But maybe there's another factory-style pan with more capacity that would work. Hemi pan?

Still pretty new to Mopar stuff, just want everything to work together right the first time.

c00nhunterjoe

I wouldnt run less then the stock hemi pan- 5 qts. I personally like the rubber overmolded pan/tray 1 peice combo.

Paul G

I am going to run the Mancini Milodon kit they sell. It has a 7qt pan with side kick outs so it doesn't hang so low. You have to call them and ask for the wind age tray for a stroker crank. It comes with a high volume oil pump too.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Midnight_Rider

Quote from: c00nhunterjoe on October 08, 2018, 06:20:20 AM
I wouldnt run less then the stock hemi pan- 5 qts. I personally like the rubber overmolded pan/tray 1 peice combo.

Like this one? I like the idea. Didn't see one for a 4.25 stroke though? Jegs & Summit both carry 3.75 & 4.15 versions, if that's the one you meant.

Quote from: Paul G on October 08, 2018, 10:15:07 AM
I am going to run the Mancini Milodon kit they sell. It has a 7qt pan with side kick outs so it doesn't hang so low. You have to call them and ask for the wind age tray for a stroker crank. It comes with a high volume oil pump too.
Is this the one? "Oil pan power package"?
http://www.manciniracing.com/mibheap.html

I was hoping for a more stock-appearing solution, if so. But I may have to adapt. I do like the package concept, takes the guesswork/modification aspect out.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Midnight_Rider

From reading on another site or two around the 'net, it looks like the 4.15 composite windage tray above may be ok on a 4.25/2.2 crank with a little convincing?

cdr

Quote from: Midnight_Rider on October 08, 2018, 03:11:00 PM
From reading on another site or two around the 'net, it looks like the 4.15 composite windage tray above may be ok on a 4.25/2.2 crank with a little convincing?

Plenty of room on my 4.25 crank
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Midnight_Rider