News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger center under dash with A/C metal backing glue

Started by Randy_Lahey, October 14, 2018, 03:59:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Randy_Lahey

What is the best glue to better attach the metal backing to the foam and vinyl sculpture on a '68 Charger?

I know Just Dashes can't replicate the stitching and to make all pieces the same I was going to have all my originals redone and try to sell the new ones I purchased from Classic that didn't arrive.

Thanks,
David

Dino

I used super glue to reattach and keep it in place, and 2-part epoxy to fill the gaps.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Randy_Lahey

Thanks Dino. It looks great from your pictures; how did it turn out after completion?

Thanks,

David

Dino

As good as it's gonna get! I made sure everything was straight when glued up. The pad itself still seems wavy but once the center vents are in and the pad's on the dash it looks damn good. I ended up painting everything black but only have a partial shot of it. I should be able to post a pic tomorrow after I redo the chrome on the vents and reinstall the lot.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bronzedodge

Mopar forever!

Randy_Lahey

That looks fantastic!  I think you might be onto something with adapting a non-A/C dash pad since they're unavailable new (I've been on back order with Classic at least 8 months and two weeks ago they said it could easily be another year or more.

I'm kind of curious to take a new non-A/C pad and try the same work.  I wonder if it might be easier to modify.  The appeal of this avenue to me is that I already have all the other new pads from Classic and this means at least they'd all match.

Thanks,

David

It has been a while since I've done mine and my dash is sitting safe in a box so I can't check it but I believe the center pad isn't supposed to be dead straight. From memory is has a very slight bend in the middle of the dash, I could be wrong but I remember my dash guy glued it straight and it didn't fit right, so it had to be reworked.