News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does your Charger's birthday coincide with any significant event?

Started by doctor4766, October 14, 2018, 06:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

So looking at the build date on my Charger's fender tag, it seems that on the very same day John and Yoko held their "Bed-in" in Amsterdam on March 25 1969.
Novelty factor 10/10 for me as I am a big fan of John Lennon.

From Wiki:

Knowing their March 20, 1969 marriage would be a huge press event, John and Yoko decided to use the publicity to promote world peace. They spent their honeymoon in the presidential suite (Room 702) at the Amsterdam Hilton Hotel for a week between March 25 and 31, inviting the world's press into their hotel room every day between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. After their nonconformist artistic expressions (cf. Bari: 33),[3] such as the nude cover of the Two Virgins album, the press were expecting them to be having sex, but instead the couple were just sitting in bed, wearing pyjamas—in John's words "like angels"—talking about peace with signs over their bed reading "Hair Peace" and "Bed Peace". After seven days, they flew to Vienna, Austria, where they held a Bagism press conference.

How about your Charger?
Gotta love a '69

68RT440

1968 Charger R/T, matching numbers 440/727, black with green top and interior, currently getting restored by me

dual fours

October 15, 1969 a Wednesday. Moratorium to end the war in Vietnam.
Edit: Hey today's the 15th.  :cheers: Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you sweet Charger, happy birthday to you. :smilielol:
1970 Dodge Charger SE, 383 Magnum, dual fours, Winter's shifter and racing transmission.

26 END
J25 L31 M21 M31 N85 R22
VX1 AO1 A31 A47 C16 C55
FK5 CRXA TX9 A15
E63 D32 XP29 NOG

Mopar4me

Close enough! Me and my Charger almost share a birthdate. Although i'm two days older.

Alaskan_TA

Just in case anyone did not know,  the dates on the fender tags were SPDs - (Scheduled Production Dates)

They were assigned as the orders were received & processed, before the actual builds started.

This was the date they 'hoped' to build the car & lots of factors could come into play on whether it was built on time, early or later than hoped for.

With the 1970 model year & the door sticker being required on all Chrysler cars recording the actual build month & year for the first time, there are multiple examples of the stickers showing a different actual build month that the SPD on the tag shows.

Some early & some late.

With the even newer Mylar stickers with the MDH code (Month Day Hour) they started showing the build completion down to a very narrow time frame  & they are also often different than the day & month indicated in the SPD on the tag.

bpsmopar

My 71 six pack was built on St Patrick's Day! It's FJ6 Sassy Grass.....😎

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

ddurang

My 68,when I had it was born exactly one month before I was. :)

darbgnik

Not exactly in line with the subject, but related:

My birthday coincides with the first televised appearance of the General Lee.

Two legends were born that day!  :smilielol:
Brad

1970 Charger 500. Born a 318, AC, console auto, now 440/727
Build thread:  http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,127291.0.html

bull

My Charger's build date is 3 weeks prior to the birth of my wife. Does that count?

doctor4766

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on October 15, 2018, 07:48:56 PM
Just in case anyone did not know,  the dates on the fender tags were SPDs - (Scheduled Production Dates)

They were assigned as the orders were received & processed, before the actual builds started.

This was the date they 'hoped' to build the car & lots of factors could come into play on whether it was built on time, early or later than hoped for.

With the 1970 model year & the door sticker being required on all Chrysler cars recording the actual build month & year for the first time, there are multiple examples of the stickers showing a different actual build month that the SPD on the tag shows.

Some early & some late.

With the even newer Mylar stickers with the MDH code (Month Day Hour) they started showing the build completion down to a very narrow time frame  & they are also often different than the day & month indicated in the SPD on the tag.
Yeah I think most of us realise that but the SPD is the closest thing we have so that'll have to do :)
Gotta love a '69

figgy308

Mine was scheduled on April 25th which here is ANZAC Day and a pretty significant day in Australia and New Zealand.

moparstuart

Quote from: ddurang on October 16, 2018, 07:07:51 PM
My 68,when I had it was born exactly one month before I was. :)
mine was built 20 days after i was   :icon_smile_big:

HeavyFuel

Nothing significant, but...

I joined military service exactly 12 years to the day after my car rolled out of the factory.  (going by final inspection date hand written on the car, not the scheduled production date, which is later by several weeks.)

Obi Ben Dover

Mine was built 11/19/68, 11 days after the birth of my recently deceased wife.  :'(

moparstuart

Quote from: Obi Ben Dover on October 17, 2018, 02:23:47 PM
Mine was built 11/19/68, 11 days after the birth of my recently deceased wife.  :'(
sorry for your loss 

Not that I know of but I took delivery of my Charger exactly 28 years to the day that the Dukes of Hazzard first aired on TV.

6pkrtse

Don't know of anything fancy on my cars Birthdays but they are all older than me.... I have (4) 1970's (coincidentally) & I was born in Dec of 1970 so that makes all of my cars older than me....
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

Bronzedodge

Jennifer Aniston was born Feb 11 and my car was built the next Day, Feb 12.  If I see her, that will be my pickup line.  Lol   :lol: :lol: :smilielol:
Mopar forever!

doctor4766

Quote from: Bronzedodge on October 21, 2018, 07:58:44 AM
Jennifer Aniston was born Feb 11 and my car was built the next Day, Feb 12.  If I see her, that will be my pickup line.  Lol   :lol: :lol: :smilielol:
Two hotties in 2 days  :2thumbs:
Gotta love a '69

303 Mopar

Quote from: Bronzedodge on October 21, 2018, 07:58:44 AM

Mine was built Feb 12 too, but a year earlier. 
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible