News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

TF727 3-Speed Automatic - Which rebuild kit should be used

Started by rollo1504, October 17, 2018, 03:56:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollo1504

Hey guys!

I have an original 3-speed TF727 from my 68 charger that came with the car as it has been replaced with a Cope Racing Transmission.

Out of nowwhere and a little bit of luck I got in contact with an older guy who is rebuilding all kind of mopar trannys since 20 years and so I would take the opportunity to let him check/rebuild the TF727.

He told me that this would absolutely no problem for him but I will need to bring the rebuild kit.

So the question is now what is the best kit I should buy? Found so many different rebuild kits and I am not sure about this.

The TF727 itself is working fine but if there is the chance to have the tranny checked/rebuild by an expert I would really pull the trigger on that.

Suggestions?

Thanks a lot

c00nhunterjoe

rollo1504

Ok "Run away" is an answer... but is it possible to explain it a little bit more?

Run away from the old guy
Run away from the TF tranny
Run away from the rebuild kit

???

:scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

John_Kunkel

20 years experience and he wants you to supply the kit? Did he ask you what kind of build you want i.e. stock, mild performance, max performance?

Color me skeptical.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

c00nhunterjoe

:iagree: john elaborated for me. A pro wouldnt have you supply a rebuild kit. What are you ordering it for? What drums are in the trans? How does he know what you need before even tearing it down? Run, run far away.

Dino

If it's working fine then leave it alone. Don't fix what's not broken.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

c00nhunterjoe

Freshen ups are always good depending on the time between abuse

rollo1504

Thanks for all your inputs...

Will try to find another guy.... There are some other possibilities around here...

I really appreciate your opinions.

Regards

Roland