News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need new radiator fan

Started by johnnycharger, October 17, 2018, 09:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycharger

Hi All
My old radiator fan broke on my 383. Is anyone selling a stock fan or shroud for cheap? Otherwise I may go to one of those flex fans. I don't want to go electric.  It is a driver quality car. Thanks!

ODZKing

Yeah, actually. The correct one for your car, 7 blade with clutch is on EBay right now. Price isn't too bad. Better blade than you'll ever find in a flex.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Factory-Cooling-Clutch-Fan-Blade-Original-Cuda-GTX-Charger-2863216-J14834/113296127712?hash=item1a60f9b6e0:g:W-oAAOSwx5hbqla~:rk:2:pf:0

johnnycharger

rs1

johnnycharger

johnnycharger

My fan that broke has 46237 stamped on it.

ODZKing

Well here are your options, 224 or 223. Both are 18 inch according the the Chrysler parts book. Even if its what you have/had, I'd still go with the 7 blade.

Mopar John

johnnycharger,
I have exactly what you are looking for!
I have a 7 blade fan that is stamped "46237" and has the "2863224" part number.
The price is $70.00 plus shipping.
If your interested contact me at: moparjohn@frontier.com with your zip.
I also have the 4 correct mounting bolts for $5.00 and correct 1 1/4" spacer for $5.00.
Or buy it all for $75.00 plus shipping.
Thanks! John

johnnycharger

Great info guys. Thank you. I must admit I am a bit chicken about putting another old fan on it. Has anyone used one of these? I was wondering if it would still cool just as good.

johnnycharger

b5blue

Well for me after adding A/C to my 440 (70) I needed to replace my trusty Flex fan. After all kinds of buying and trying the only thing that fit AND worked was factory. So I vote just get MOPAR.

ODZKing

Quote from: b5blue on October 30, 2018, 09:14:38 AM
Well for me after adding A/C to my 440 (70) I needed to replace my trusty Flex fan. After all kinds of buying and trying the only thing that fit AND worked was factory. So I vote just get MOPAR.
second  :yesnod:

303 Mopar

1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

holanae

Quote from: johnnycharger on October 28, 2018, 09:45:54 PM
Great info guys. Thank you. I must admit I am a bit chicken about putting another old fan on it. Has anyone used one of these? I was wondering if it would still cool just as good.

I'm running their 18" version with a Hayden clutch.  Fit well, and pulls a lot of air.  I wish they made a 18.5.  If I had to do it again, I would have gone with their 19" version.

nvrbdn

70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

johnnycharger

Quote from: holanae on December 15, 2018, 10:59:07 PM
Quote from: johnnycharger on October 28, 2018, 09:45:54 PM

I'm running their 18" version with a Hayden clutch.  Fit well, and pulls a lot of air.  I wish they made a 18.5.  If I had to do it again, I would have gone with their 19" version.

Thank you. I ordered the 18 but haven't had a chance to install it yet.

johnnycharger

So here we are a few years later and my replacement fan broke the same was as my original did. What causes this? Pretty scary.

johnnycharger

Picture

70 sublime

Do you have a very small pulley on the water pump that makes the fan turn very fast ?
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

johnnycharger

I dont think so....

johnnycharger

b5blue

Years ago my friend had a mini pickup blade break and come through his hood. You are lucky if no other damage!  :scratchchin:

rarefish

Your fan clutch sure is close to your radiator core..... :o

johnnycharger

It is an inch and a quarter away. Is that too close?

b5blue