News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please give me search training!!

Started by AKcharger, June 14, 2018, 10:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Long time member 1st time caller...In the 15 years I've been here the search has NEVER worked for me. case in point I'm trying to find out about adding a tac to a non tac car. So
1st search is Tac wire harness...nothing
Then advanced search with just "Tachometer

What am I doing wrong

Thanks

303 Mopar

The search is worthless. Best bet is to enter a word and go to the last page, even then you get a bunch of non-related posts.
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

AKcharger

Quote from: 303 Mopar on June 14, 2018, 11:01:15 AM
The search is worthless...

While not helpful it does make me feel better  :icon_smile_tongue:

green69rt

This problem has been around forever.  Here's what I do.  Take the following line and paste it into the address line.

site:www.dodgecharger.com [my search terms]

Replace the words "my search terms" with whatever you are looking for.  Enter.   Try it. 

Later you can save the address line as a favorite.

Alaskan_TA

Google.

Type in the site name & your search words.

Lennard

I just start at the last pages that come up with the search engine here. Works great.

XH29N0G

Quote from: Alaskan_TA on June 14, 2018, 02:10:52 PM
Google.

Type in the site name & your search words.

Like "site:dodgecharger.com search words"

Haven't tried the last thing on the list trick.  I'll try that next.
Who in their right mind would say

"The science should not stand in the way of this."? 

Science is just observation and hypothesis.  Policy stands in the way.........

Or maybe it protects us. 

I suppose it depends on the specific case.....

AKcharger

JB400

Works good for me, just like it used to. :2thumbs: :popcrn:

hemigeno

In case anyone was wondering lately, Troy has fixed the search tool!!

:bow: :2thumbs:

green69rt

Just gave it a small test and ..................................Yeah!  Instead of returning 186 pages of results only 16.    happy, happy , happy!!

kent

Digging up a older topic again. I'm glad I came to the help desk. Was just wondering the same questions. Thought I was doing something wrong. I tried renaming my recent topic on that gas tank restraint bracket. So I tried searching for it. I went down a few pages and still nothing.

Glad to see the search tips. Google is your friend! lol I wish I had of came her first instead of going page to page in the forums looking for stuff.  That being said I was sided tracked quite a few time with info that is relevant with my car. It's all good. But took a whole lot of time.

Kent