News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How does this AC vent pointer go in?

Started by green69rt, October 22, 2018, 02:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

green69rt

PIC 1 shows the pointer knob that is used to turn the side AC vents on/off.  I'm converting a non-AC dash to AC and ran into this problem.

PIC #2 shows where I think the shaft may come thru the dash sheet metal, underneath the opening of the vent.  I assume the little pointer thing just sets against the sheet metal.  Sorry about the poor picture.

Am I close?  If so then I just need to drill a hole to let the shaft extend outside the sheet metal.

krops cars

I believe your missing a part. Like the vent. The door that is in the pic goes in the vent. Then install vent into dash. Then put the knob on arrow points to the inside of interior or towards you. Tighten set screw on the back holds it to shaft.

green69rt

Quote from: krops cars on October 22, 2018, 03:00:18 PM
I believe your missing a part. Like the vent. The door that is in the pic goes in the vent. Then install vent into dash. Then put the knob on arrow points to the inside of interior or towards you. Tighten set screw on the back holds it to shaft.
I got the vent and was getting ready to install the door that is shown.  Looks like the little pointer thing just indicates that the door (shown) is open or closed.  I'll try to get better pictures.  It would really help if someone could take a picture of the pointer installed.    I looked at a lot of dash pictures but none show the underside in this area.

krops cars

green69rt

Dino

I just installed the vents but haven't installed the knobs yet. Lemme go grab a pic for you.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Dino

There you go.

The pointer is the knob that turns the vent sideways. It hangs a fair amount below the dash once installed and does not hit the dash frame at all.

Let me know if you need more.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

green69rt

Ah, that looks like a fairly big opening, maybe 1/2" or so.  This helps a lot.  This tells me that a AC dash has a large hole to accommodate the pointer.  I was a little worried about making an exact opening but there looks like some slack.   Excellent.  Thanks Dino and Krops for the help!