News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona detailing questions

Started by WINGMAN, July 03, 2021, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGMAN

My Daytona is going to the body shop soon  :icon_smile_big: after years apart. Were the trunk lid strikers panted body color or left natural steel. What sheen of black on the 8 3/4 housings and K frames. Thanks all.   (Wingman)   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

Tuco

I'm certainly no expert but I have found in my years of restoration that almost all frame and under hood metal that was black was a matte or satin black.  Semigloss. Eastwood sells a ceramic under hood satin black that is excellent.

Not sure about the strikers.

hemigeno

Daytona decklid strikers were (partially) painted... the OE treatment left plenty of shadowing both on the decklid and the striker itself.  See below from my resto thread:

hemigeno

Jim / maxwellwedge can provide more details on the sheens of paint, but elsewhere he stated:

Quote from: maxwellwedge
K-Frames were around a 15-20% (give or take) flattened black. They were originally dipped. Torsion bars were a full gloss (Dipped as well). Radiators were around 10-12%.

Elsewhere, Jim also said:
Quote from: maxwellwedge
K-Frames - Anywhere from 12-25% is fair game.

The 8-3/4" housings were also semi-gloss black, and you'll probably be safe anywhere in the range(s) noted above... just don't paint the center section!

:cheers: