News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED Turn Signal Issue

Started by raybork, October 23, 2018, 05:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raybork

I converted all of my external lights to LED minus the headlights. I installed the LED no-load flasher unit. When I use the turn signal switch in either direction with the headlight switch off, the lights that aren't supposed to be flashing are very dimly flashing also. For instance, I turn the turn signal switch to the right and the right turn signals flash as they should, but the left turn signals also very dimly flash. However, with the headlight switch in the parking lights or on position, the turn signals seems to be working properly. Is it possible that the lights that aren't in use are getting some sort of residual voltage from somewhere? If so, how would I correct that?

ODZKing

I found that most of the LED stuff has a polarity, try switching them around. Otherwise it's back to incandescent.

WHITE AND RED 69

Did you change out both flasher units or just one?
1969 Dodge Charger R/T
2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee 75th edition
1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1972 Plymouth Duster

Derwud

Start by making sure you have 2 LED compatible flashers and then start swapping to standard bulbs until the problem is cleared up.. I suspect you have a bad bulb that is back feeding.
1970 Dodge Charger R/T.. Owned since 1981

raybork

Quote from: WHITE AND RED 69 on October 23, 2018, 01:20:38 PM
Did you change out both flasher units or just one?

I have changed both flasher units

raybork

Quote from: Derwud on October 23, 2018, 02:16:55 PM
Start by making sure you have 2 LED compatible flashers and then start swapping to standard bulbs until the problem is cleared up.. I suspect you have a bad bulb that is back feeding.

I do have two LED flashers. I will give the bulb swapping out a try.

Thanks

cdr

Bad ground at the bulb socket
LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

c00nhunterjoe

Probably the ground in the valance housing screws.

keith88

I had them in mine front and back ..took the back ones out had to many issues with then went back to bulbs in the tail light ,never had an issue with the front ones. :Twocents:
1969 Charger  Orange /black top  (1989) 360 engine stock with added xtreme comp cam and a 4 bbl  , 904 trans/shift kit , 8-1/4 rear.. with general lee accents.