News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'68 Charger LED lamp conversion ('69 pics too!) Plus Halo Headlight Conversion

Started by cjw916, August 19, 2013, 11:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

challenger70

I just want to confirm as I am really considering doing this soon for my Challenger and down the road when my Charger is on the road.  If you did it today with what you now know,  you would go with the RedLine Lumtronix Halos and led h4's?  It looks like there is a gen 3 or 4 now without fans.  I like the plug and play and lower current draw, win win!

http://www.mustangproject.com/ProductDisplay.aspx?ID=cf97093e-5dd2-41da-86bd-a5bbebfa6da1
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger
'70  440 727 FY1 Challenger

cjw916

Yes. That is what I like. The RLL Halo fit better than the Oracle Halo does (and you don't have to trim the headlight housing). The RLL are *super bright, though; I would definitely consider running an LED dimmer w/ them.

I myself am still running the Oracle Halo + LED H4 headlight. (I gave my RLL to a friend.) They're both still working great for my application. The Halos are less bright (less blinding) and have that more continuous look, that I like.

Maybe you want to call Tony Giametta @ RLL direct? He can customize housings for you? Like, putting Mopar (V) M on the front center reflector? Or maybe he can do the more continuous LEDs around the outside, that are less bright? His # is (855) 852-6435

CJW

challenger70

Quote from: cjw916 on September 08, 2016, 10:54:00 AM
Yes. That is what I like. The RLL Halo fit better than the Oracle Halo does (and you don't have to trim the headlight housing). The RLL are *super bright, though; I would definitely consider running an LED dimmer w/ them.

I myself am still running the Oracle Halo + LED H4 headlight. (I gave my RLL to a friend.) They're both still working great for my application. The Halos are less bright (less blinding) and have that more continuous look, that I like.

Maybe you want to call Tony Giametta @ RLL direct? He can customize housings for you? Like, putting Mopar (V) M on the front center reflector? Or maybe he can do the more continuous LEDs around the outside, that are less bright? His # is (855) 852-6435

CJW

Thanks for all your research and development!  :2thumbs: I like the non-fan LED headlights, but I wonder if the quality is as good as Oracles.  I like the idea of the brighter halos, I live in Berwyn, a few miles West of downtown Chicago and drive primarily where there are city lights and like the idea of just running those full power at night most of the time w/out the actual headlights at all.
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

challenger70

So I pulled the trigger back around Christmas on the RLL halos and LED headlights.  I am finally getting around to the wiring.  What I would like to do is have 3 or 4  options depending what is possible with the halos.  1) Off (easy!) 2) all 4 on whenever, regardless of ignition. (easy!) 3) all 4 when ignition is on and inside halos (high beam) on each side function with the turn signal (not sure if this is possible).  If I can't get the high beam halos to be on normally AND function as an extra turn signal, then I would use the outside 2 all the time and use the inside 2 as auxiliary turn signals.  

I also got the harness to use all 4 headlights as low and high beam, should be a HUGE upgrade over the stock lighting.  

So is it possible to have the inside halos on during regular driving and function as a turn signal or am I stuck with one or the other?  I also need to figure out how to wire this mess up.  
'68 383 A833 QQ1 Charger

lineofbirds

Just wanted to say thank you for all of the great information. Figured it would be a good idea to do some research before we start our LED conversion.