News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

50th Anniversary Aero Warrior Reunion, Oct 10-13 2019

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, October 24, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talkiemopar

The Virginia car meet, yes we did have wiper arms that kept flying off, but we kept finding them. I put a string on mine so it would stay on the hood when it came off.   :yesnod: :rofl: :hah: :nana: :Twocents:

moparstuart

Quote from: talkiemopar on October 03, 2019, 11:00:03 AM
The Virginia car meet, yes we did have wiper arms that kept flying off, but we kept finding them. I put a string on mine so it would stay on the hood when it came off.   :yesnod: :rofl: :hah: :nana: :Twocents:
TEAM GREEN   :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

birdsandbees

Make sure you bring a PRINT OUT of your registration confirmation to the museum to get your meal / event tickets. It IS required apparently !  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

moparstuart

Quote from: birdsandbees on October 03, 2019, 11:40:51 AM
Make sure you bring a PRINT OUT of your registration confirmation to the museum to get your meal / event tickets. It IS required apparently !  :yesnod:
thats stupid 

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Unwind

Questions;   
1.  Is ethanol-free premium is available in Alex City?
2.  Has NASCAR given a reason why no laps around Talladega?
Also have nose for sale in Parts section.
Thanks in advance.  Bobby

taxspeaker

When I was there in June several places had ethanol free gas, including 1 on the corner of the Highway from Birmingham (280?) and Lee Street. None were high octane, but you can buy the octane booster stuff right there at the auto parts store. Walmart had no ethanol gas available too-again low octane.

birdsandbees

Guess maybe I'll add another jug of 100LL to the truck box in the AM before departing!  :yesnod:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Alaskan_TA

Here is a website you can check for ethanol free stations at or along your routes, just click on the state / province in the menu;

https://www.pure-gas.org/

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on October 02, 2019, 01:38:59 PM
* * Non-denominational Christian Chapel Service, Sunday morning * *

I will conduct a quick, interactive chapel service on Sunday morning of the event. 
It will be shortly after we arrive at Talladega, likely in the staging area before we head to the infield fan experience.

Please feel free to attend.  All are welcome and no advance notice is necessary. 
I welcome all prayer requests, both for a concern or praise at any time. 

I will also be doing a very short invocation on Thursday just after the driver's meeting in Atlanta.  All are welcome!
<><
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

light man

All my extra tickets for the Aero Warrior Reunion are now gone. Thank you to everyone who helped me with these tickets.

held1823

i may have an extra pair of race tickets,  will know by monday.

i also have an extra hotel room,  that could probably be transferred to someone here if needed
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

BS27ROB

birdsandbees

Slept in the trailer at the Gilmore Museum last night. Pouring rain and about 40F. Wasn't too bad while we had power for a small heater but once the "street" lights went out we had no power. Had to revert to the ice fishing gear! LOL Toured the museum until 2:20 today and made it to Tipp Ohio just before dark. Raining again... and with a wife with bad lungs we're in the Holiday Inn with the rig parked in front of our room window! Airforce Museum at Wright Anderson tomorrow and then another 4 or so hours closer to Atlanta if we can before dark
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

BS27ROB

At Atlanta, is there the opportunity to pull off the track and switch drivers to give someone else the chance to experience it?

mopar346

We may end up running up Sunday, I'm assuming spectators will be admitted. Too bad I cant park my car in a secure location or I might dive one of my "lesser" cars up. ;D

I just realized that the race is Sunday so I guess that aint happening, you can see what kinda Nascar fan I am.

Mopar John

For those of you traveling HWY 280 between Birmingham and Alexander City it is brutal for a truck and trailer during the afternoon rush!
Leave extra time because it will take you twice as long as you might think.
I'm sure there are more cars on that route today than 4 years ago.
MJ

crankshaft67

Due to miscommunication we have an extra reservation for Friday 10/11 & Saturday 10/12 at the Hampton Inn in Alexander City AL. Please let me know if anyone is in need of this room. I would love it if someone would be able to use this room. Please contact me at 386-867-4412.

nvrbdn

Is there a site anywhere that has the filming of the cars driving the track? I would love to see that. I was out running and just recorded the race, so if they covered it on pre-race, I missed it. From all the pics on facebook it looked like it was a great trip for you all. :cheers:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

birdsandbees

We didn't get to go on the track at Dega... we ran a few laps at Atlanta Motor Speedway on Thursday AM instead. I have nothing I can post until I get back home.
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241

Mopar John

The 50th Aero Warrior Reunion had something for everyone!
I had been to Tim's House and Museum before and seen a lot of the cars.
So for me it was the surprise that not only was Bobby Allison going to be there but also Liz Allison!
When I bought my Superbirds I was not a NASCAR fan but a drag racing fan.
When I went to my first DSAC meet in 1978 we went to the Milwaukee mile for a parade lap before the race.
This got me interested into Nascar and I decided to pick a driver to root for.
My driver was Bobby Allison part of the Alabama gang.
In 1988 we were going to a Aero Warrior Reunion and Bobby was going to be our guest.
Unfortunately Bobby was involved in a horrific wreck with a brain injury just a few weeks before the reunion.
He never completely recovered from that and retired from racing.
Bobby's son Davey had started racing and I rooted for him whenever Bobby was out of a race.
My favorite race is when Bobby won the Daytona 500 with Dave a close second.
Then Davey wrecked his new helicopter at Talladega not far from where we were parked for the reunion and died from his injuries.
I cried a lot and didn't root for anyone for quite a while.
So on Friday I wore my 30 year old Bobby Allison hat and my 25 year old Davey Allison t-shirt to the reunion.
My first 2 pictures show some of my Davey Allison collection.
The third picture shows Bobby autographing my event poster and my already autographed hat.
Bobby recognized that hat and commented on how old it was!
My last picture is me with Liz Allison.
Liz also recognized my Davey shirt and was glad to sign it for me.
It was great to finally meet her and be able to talk with her for a bit!
I want to thank my wife Linda for taking these special pictures for me!
MJ

TheAutoArchaeologist

I got home last night from Alabama, and started uploading pictures to my Flickr page. Everything is up there, EVERYTHING, I didn't have time to edit since I'm getting deluged in emails and messages.

If you want a copy of any images, please email me at HemiPwr70@yahoo.com with the picture name.  Usually it is somewhere in the bottom left either in the actual picture, or below my name.

I'm not charging anything, but if you so feel inclined to share something, my paypal email is HemiPwr70@aol.com

Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157711368262788/

hemi68charger

Quote from: Devil on October 16, 2019, 03:17:26 PM
I got home last night from Alabama, and started uploading pictures to my Flickr page. Everything is up there, EVERYTHING, I didn't have time to edit since I'm getting deluged in emails and messages.

NOW I can place a face to the "Devil".. :-)  Thanks Ryan...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on October 16, 2019, 03:17:26 PM

If you want a copy of any images, please email me at HemiPwr70@yahoo.com with the picture name.  Usually it is somewhere in the bottom left either in the actual picture, or below my name.

I'm not charging anything, but if you so feel inclined to share something, my paypal email is HemiPwr70@aol.com

Enjoy!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/collections/72157711368262788/

great pictures as always  ryan  sorry i was so sick all weekend   , soon as i got home i was hospitalized and am just now getting back to work