News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

50th Anniversary Aero Warrior Reunion, Oct 10-13 2019

Started by TheAutoArchaeologist, October 24, 2018, 10:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Montreal Wing Car

ROOM ALERT!
I have a reservation at the Hampton Inn, arriving on Thursday, leaving Monday (4 nights), for a single-bed room, but will be sharing a room at the Quality Inn instead.
So before I release the reservation, I am offering it here... total was $534.00 for 4 nights...

Ben

Duane Black

Ben, I'd like to wait until i know if my not quite aero car is accepted before pouncing but I'm interested

Montreal Wing Car

Quote from: Duane Black on February 14, 2019, 06:06:18 AM
Ben, I'd like to wait until i know if my not quite aero car is accepted before pouncing but I'm interested

No problem, I can hold until October...

Ben

triple_green

Can someone attend these events that doesnt bring a car?
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

5hunert

Quote from: triple_green on February 19, 2019, 12:27:47 PM
Can someone attend these events that doesnt bring a car?
It sounds like there's a convoy headed down from Seattle, you might be able to hitch a ride with someone.

69_500

A383Wing

Alaskan_TA

Quote from: Devil on January 18, 2019, 08:14:24 PM
REUNION UPDATE!  Tim Wellborn will have an announcement around February 15th on who is selected for the whole event. 

Is there an updated update perhaps?

TheAutoArchaeologist

hergfest

Duane Black

No track laps, but watching a race from the garage sounds entertaining

moparstuart

Well looks like ill be headed home about 5 hours earlier   , then i thought
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

1970Moparmann

Quote from: hergfest on March 07, 2019, 01:38:05 AM
No track lap before the race this year.

Man, this really sucks!   Was really looking forward to this.   
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

birdsandbees

I figured they'd let us track lap and then park us in the garage area, I guess not. Long haul for a car show.. but I get to meet you guys!  :cheers: Any news when we're going to find out if we need our hotel reservations? I see the update is asking for "entry applications" again, I suspect we don't have to do this again..  :shruggy:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

BS27ROB

That's really disappointing, almost makes me rethink whether it's worth the trip.

Aero426

If you have NOT ever done the lap at Talladega previously, you might feel disappointed after reading the news.     However, compared to riding around on the Talladega track apron,  the deal at Atlanta on Thursday blew the Sunday pre-race lap away the last time around.    I think anyone that did Atlanta the last time will agree.   So, I see it as really a minimal loss.    

Aero426

The infield parking deal is at the truck series garage, which is the original 1969 garage area.    It is adjacent to the new fan zone.   With the cars piled in there, the atmosphere should be electric with some good foot traffic to see the cars.   When we were at Indy in 2011 parked inside,  we saw all kinds of interesting team and NASCAR people coming over.  

The covered pavilion in the fan zone is 35,000 sq feet and has a 40 foot big screen.    There are concessions and a bar.    The common area has access near victory lane as well.   For $30 a head to get into a Cup race, it's a good deal.  

BS27ROB

Quote from: Aero426 on March 07, 2019, 10:40:59 AM
If you have NOT ever done the lap at Talladega previously, you might feel disappointed after reading the news.     However, compared to riding around on the Talladega track apron,  the deal at Atlanta on Thursday blew the Sunday pre-race lap away the last time around.    I think anyone that did Atlanta the last time will agree.   So, I see it as really a minimal loss.    

Thanks for your perspective, I've not been to a Reunion before and from pictures I've seen it seemed to be a highlight.

Dave Kanofsky

We're not interested in sticking around for the race, so is there any reason to go to the track, or can we even get in without a ticket?  In years past we leave when the race starts.

Just trying to figure out how to plan and what to buy when the acceptance comes in...
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

Aero426

Quote from: Dave Kanofsky on March 07, 2019, 11:41:15 AM
We're not interested in sticking around for the race, so is there any reason to go to the track, or can we even get in without a ticket?  In years past we leave when the race starts.

Just trying to figure out how to plan and what to buy when the acceptance comes in...

Dave, you are going to need a ticket to get in the track.     So if you are not interested in watching the start or early laps,  I think there is your answer.       

Aero426

Hearing that a few folks are starting to get email notifications from WMM starting today.   

There is a link and password to complete the registration.

birdsandbees

1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

wstool

I received my email today that I got excepted for the event. Looking forward to it  

Dave Kanofsky

"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)