News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Strange roof rail seal issue

Started by Dino, October 25, 2018, 08:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

A few weeks ago I aligned my side widows. The door glass was laying nice and snug against the roof rail seals. A while after I removed the seals so I could take the metal trim down to paint. Today I reinstalled the seals and the glass barely touches it. What the heck?? Did the seals shrink in the cold garage? Does it need time in place to resettle? I don't get it...
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Bronzedodge

That does seem odd.  Did you use glue?  I've seen some contact adhesive shrink, pulling the weatherstrip.

Old glass run channels can get loose w age, causing slop.
Mopar forever!

Dino

No glue, the seals just pop in. I didn't think you could install them wrong but I should double check. The glass was nice and tight just a few weeks ago and I haven't touched the glass since.

There's also a small gap between the seal and the metal roof rail trim next to the quarter glass. I didn't look beforehand to see if that was the case or not. This is just cosmetics though.

Dino

Looks like the seals just needed a bit of time. I just checked and the door glass is nice and snug again. Go figure!